function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
StaciStaci 

trigger to check a checkbox

We're trying to use Solutions and I have a checkbox for INTERNAL ONLY.  The user creates the record, doesn't check this box so it can be viewed by public.  I have a WFR set up to see if INTERNAL ONLY = false and Status = accepted, check the Visible in Self-Service Portal, but after the approval process runs, its not checking the box.  Its acting like the record hasn't been edited.  If I click Edit and change something and Save it, the box will then get checked.  

Does anyone have a trigger with the same criteria to get that box checked?  I'm no good at triggers so I have no idea where to start. Thanks in advance!

Sam MohyeeSam Mohyee

This may be due to to the settings on the Workflow Rule, though I'm not sure if approval processes are not counted when it comes to counting a record as "edited".

Is your WFR set to "created, and any time it’s edited to subsequently meet criteria"?

Sam MohyeeSam Mohyee

By the way, my starting point for learning about APEX was this bad boy right here: http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apex_workbook/apex_workbook.pdf