function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
georggeorg 

Automating Data upload

Hi All,

For my customer there are freequent data upload jobs coming in. Like they need to insert Prospects, contatcs and sometimes opportunity and tasks too(these entities are linked ). How can i automate this data load, i know i can use command line data loader but the challenge i am suspecting here is if there are any data descripencies-the data load will fail.I need to get the data validated and then upload.Is there are any better approach to automate it using apex and visualforce, also the number of records can be huge.

I don't want to go for any app which can automate this, please help me..

Thanks in advance

George Thomas

sfdcfoxsfdcfox
Depending on your *specific* needs, you might try some or all of the following:

1) Email service. The dump could forward the email directly to salesforce with the file as an attachment. An inbound email handler could pre-process the data, populate it into a temporary table, and have a batch process create/update records as necessary.

2) Java/Perl/C++/etc program. The Data Loader, while useful in its own right, has limitations, as you've described. A sufficiently talented developer should be able to take a language of their choice and write it to conform to whatever logic necessary. You can schedule the OS to execute the code periodically.