function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sivaextsivaext 

Catch the external application error and show own error message

Hi , 

I have installed an external application to find duplicates while creating lead records.

I am creating lead records through vf page,

<apex:pageMessage></apex:pagemessage>

try {

insert lead;

}

catch(DMLException e) {

String err = String.valueOf(e);
        ApexPages.Message myMsg = new ApexPages.Message(ApexPages.Severity.ERROR,'The referral email or phone                       already existing with brigade group' );
        ApexPages.addMessage(myMsg);

}

The page Messages showing both application error as well as my own exception. 

ex: 

• <script src="/js/functions.js" type="text/javascript"></script><script src="/soap/ajax/20.0/connection.js" type="text/javascript"></script><script src="/soap/ajax/20.0/apex.js" type="text/javascript"></script><script type="text/javascript"> window.onload = SFSSDupeCatcher_doWork; function SFSSDupeCatcher_doBlockedDuplicate() {var issueTime = '1384764518550'; var sessionId = '00Df0000002KWPO!AQIAQC7RJBmJo7d1mSsbNRnPYJXFKyZ7sYxjTjo86mOTmlKdB7ZsSeNpRteo7_ysAFBovApCx7PSAMPvUzAk1o_y_XaPX3Mu'; var scenarioId = 'a0Jf0000000aDvEEAU'; try{SFSSDupeCatcher_incrementCounter(scenarioId, sessionId, issueTime)}catch(err){};} function SFSSDupeCatcher_doWork() { SFSSDupeCatcher_doBlockedDuplicate(); } function SFSSDupeCatcher_incrementCounter(scenarioId, sessionId, issueTime) {var scenarioQuery = 'Select Name, Id, SFSSDupeCatcher__Blocked_Duplicates__c from SFSSDupeCatcher__Scenario__c where (Id = \'' + scenarioId + '\')'; var state = {output : 'hello', startTime : new Date().getTime() }; var callback = { onSuccess: SFSSDupeCatcher_handleResults,onFailure: SFSSDupeCatcher_queryFailed,timeout: 1200,source: state}; sforce.connection.sessionId = sessionId; sforce.connection.clientId = 'SymphonicSource/DupeCatcher/'; sforce.connection.query( scenarioQuery , callback); } function SFSSDupeCatcher_handleResults(queryResult, source) { var records = queryResult.getArray('records'); for (var i = 0; i < records.length; i++) { var thisscenario = records[i]; thisscenario.SFSSDupeCatcher__Blocked_Duplicates__c++; records = sforce.connection.update(records); } } function SFSSDupeCatcher_queryFailed(error, source) { } </script><font color="blue"><br/>DUPECATCHER WARNING! The Lead that you created was not saved.</font><br/><font color="blue">It has been blocked because the value of the Lead 'Mobile Phone' field that you entered is similar to the 'Mobile Phone' field of the Contacts listed below.</font><br/><br/><font color="green">Click on the links below to view or edit the potential duplicate records.</font><br/>Potential duplicate Contact record: <a href="../003f00000097SVAAA2">Rama Raju</a><br/>Potential duplicate Contact record: <a href="../003f0000008s5PRAAY">Luke Roy</a><br/>Potential duplicate Contact record: <a href="../003f0000009e9FUAAY">Vijay Reddy</a><br/>Potential duplicate Contact record: <a href="../003f0000009AV9dAAG">Vijay Reddy</a><br/>Potential duplicate Contact record: <a href="../003f0000009e9H6AAI">Madhu R</a><br/>
  • The referral email or phone already existing with brigade group                     

I wdon't want show application error, i justwant show my own error message. is there any way to handle this exception?

Thanks 

siva.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Bhawani SharmaBhawani Sharma
You can remove the apex;pageMessages tag from page and can use the apex:pageMessage. Create a variable in class in error and use that to render the error on page.

All Answers

Bhawani SharmaBhawani Sharma
You can remove the apex;pageMessages tag from page and can use the apex:pageMessage. Create a variable in class in error and use that to render the error on page.
This was selected as the best answer
sivaextsivaext

Thanks Bhawani

Abhishek Jain 6Abhishek Jain 6
Hi Bhawani

I did not get the solution that you provided above. Could you please explain it more.