function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
hchenghcheng 

Flex component state across Visualforce pages (eg: Wizard)

Hi,

I'm trying to create a flex component (eg: a timer) that appears across multiple pages in a Visualforce wizard. 

The timer simply increments to show how long the user has been using the wizard.

When the first page of the wizard shows, it shows the Flex timer component (eg: increasing).  When the second page is shown, it displays the timer component and maintains the state/value of the timer from the previous page. 

Does anyone know an easy way to maintain state across pages for the Flex component. 

I know that controllers allow you to maintain state for data across pages in a wizard.  I think that the Ajax support from Visualforce may be part of the solution, but I wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions.

Appreciate any ideas.

Howard

Message Edited by hcheng on 05-19-2008 07:18 AM
Ron HessRon Hess
pass flashvars that provide the state to the flex component if it must be re-rendered.

if you can keep this (flash/flex component) from re-rendering , it should be able to keep it's own state.  Re render the page around the clock, but not the clock.  not sure if that fits your page flow, but would be a nice touch.

hchenghcheng
Thanks, Ron - that did it.