function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
FreemanAdminFreemanAdmin 

Office 2003 - Salesforce Link Disappears

I'm at a loss.

I have un-installed and installed the Office edition several times, and still can't get the Word edition to work.

It will install, but when you add the toolbar - it's blank.

I followed their instructions about downloading the zip file, but that didn't help anything either.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks.
wsws

I've never heard of an issue like this before :(

A couple of questions:

1. What version of Office Edition are you using / installing?
  2. Do you remember whether you installed any new software / hardware just before the problem started occurring?
  3. Does the Office Edition button show up in Excel as well or is it experiencing the same problem?

Just to confirm - you're seeing the salesforce.com button but when you click on it to view the drop-down menu bar with the options - it's all blank?  So there are no words about label not found?

Have you contacted SFDC - what have they said?  If you have - what is your case number?

FreemanAdminFreemanAdmin
Thanks for the help!

1. What version of Office Edition are you using / installing?  I'm downloading the latest version out there - 1.3.2.4.
  2. Do you remember whether you installed any new software / hardware just before the problem started occurring? Nothing new.
  3. Does the Office Edition button show up in Excel as well or is it experiencing the same problem? It shows up in Excel just fine.  That's what is confusing to me.

When I go to Word, I add the Toolbar for Salesforce and it is blank.  The little dropdown arrow shows up, but when you click it there is nothing there.

I have not contacted Salesforce support - I thought I would check here to see if anyone had seen the problem. 

I will contact them next if nothing helps.

Thanks again!

wsws
Another thing to check out - do you have a firewall like ZoneAlarm on your machine?  Just wondering if the word component is not being blocked?  I would also check the macors - security section in Word.
FreemanAdminFreemanAdmin

I called the Salesforce help desk and they told me something that would fix it...and it did!

In Word, go to Help, About Microsoft Office...When the splash screen opens, click the Disable Items box and enable anything Salesforce related (I had two).  Close Word and open it again.  When I opened it back up it worked.

Hope this helps anyone else who has the problem!

Thanks.

CbradleyCbradley
Thank you!!!!!!!

I was installing and uninstalling and couldn't figure out why the tool bars were not showing up even though I had previous editions of Outlook Integrated.

One differance from your directions - I went into Outlook Help and then About Outlook and enabled Salesforce.com.

Much appreciated!!
CbradleyCbradley
Thank you!!!  I have been struggling with this - installing and uninstalling but not seeing any toolbars.

For me I had to go into Outlook Help rather than Word Help, but did the same thing - enabled the program.

Thanks again!