function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
rbuchananrbuchanan 

Outlook reminder doesn't carry over to the Pop-Up reminder in SF after sync

Most of my users have the SF Outlook 2.0 edition installed and sync their emails, contacts and events all the time.  I just noticed that if I create an event in Outlook, set the reminder to 30 minutes notice, then click "Save and Mark for Sync", the outcome is that the event IS added to my Salesforce calendar.  However, I noticed that the event in Salesforce does not show the same 30-minute reminder nor is the reminder box even checked.   

Conversely, if I create the event in Salesforce and use a 30-minute reminder, when I sync my Outlook, that event is added to my Outlook calendar but at the default Salesforce.com setting of 15-minute reminder.  It would appear that there is no communication, whatsoever, between the Outlook reminder and the new reminder in SF.

If these pop-up reminders only work by setting the reminder manually or only creating the events in Salesforce first,  I don't see the advantage to anyone using Outlook.     Maybe this is being address in a future release of SF Outlook Edition ???

wsws
You are right that there is no communication aka field mappings for the event reminder flag or offset.  Maybe you can post your suggestion in the ideas.salesforce.com site?

StefanStefan
Has anyone found a workaround to sync reminders. One wonders why Salesforce have not fixed this bug!
jgmjgm

hi! I just found this in the help section:

When I synchronize Tasks or Events between Outlook and Salesforce, the Reminder Time does not get synchronized.

This is due to the fact that there is no field mapping for the Reminder Time in Connect for Outlook.

To create the two field mappings which will allow the synchronization of Task and Event Reminder Times, follow these steps:

• In Outlook, go to Tools > Salesforce Options > Tasks > Advanced > Field Maps > New Mapping
  • Set the Salesforce.com field to "IsReminderSet"
  • Set the Outlook field to "ReminderSet"
  • Leave the other values unchanged and click on "OK" 

• In Outlook, go to Tools > Salesforce Options > Events > Advanced > Field Maps > New Mapping
  • Set the Salesforce.com field to "IsReminderSet"
  • Set the Outlook field to "ReminderSet"
  • Leave the other values unchanged and click on "OK"

If tried this, but it doesn't seem to work for  me...can anyone assist me on this??

thanks in advance