function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Cramer AdminCramer Admin 

Office 2007 Integration Problems with Excel

Hello,

Our company is planning on upgrading our sales department with Office 2007 soon.  As the administrator for Salesforce.com in our company, I am responsible for testing the product first on behalf of the sales reps before rolling it out to all of them.  I just insalled Office 2007 this morning and I run reports through Excel by using a pivot table and I can't seem to find, if it even exists, the "login" in Excel so I can update the pivot tables from Salesforce.com.  I remember after installing on Office 2003 it appeared automatically in the toolbar. 

If anyone can help me with this to get it resolved that would be appreciated.  If I can't find the solution by Monday I will have to uninstall office 2007 and revert back to office 2003 since these reports I create are critical.

Thanks,

Sheri P.

m_stanm_stan
I also ran into this issue after I installed Office 2007. It seems that Excel removes this add-in, even though it retains the Office Edition add-in. It simply needs to be re-installed.

Here's how:

Download the latest Excel Connector here
In Excel 2007, click the Office Button (the large round button at the top left of your screen)
Click Excel Options
Click Add-Ins, Select Excel Add-Ins beside Manage and press Go
Cliock Browse, and browse to the location of the sforce_connect file you downloaded
Select that file and hit OK

That should install the add-in for you, and it should now appear in the Add-Ins tab on the Excel Ribbon

Hope that helps !
finalistfinalist

I am installing on a new system with Vista and Office 2007 (and have been using Excel 2003 on XP machine w/ connector fine for several months.)  I am used to installing only the Office Edition, but with the previous notes on the subject I have also installed Outlook Edition and Office Toolkit.

I navigated to the salesforce.com install directory but do not see any add-ins listed, and I cannot find a file named sforce_connect*.*

I don't currently have any documents/workbooks/links on this computer, for what that's worth.

Does anyone have a suggestion for either a) where to look, or the type of file to look for, for the sforce_connect described previously, and/or b) the specific sequence for installing Outlook/Office Toolkit/Office Edition to get around this?

Thanks!

duncan

finalistfinalist
Is the excel connector and Office Integration the same, or is (as I now suspect) the excel connector a separate widget for accessing the api, as opposed to (simply?)  pulling data from existing salesforce reports into excel (or wherever they need to be?)

I've installed the Office Toolkit and run the Office Edition setup, and I don't have the integration that I expected, I do not see salesforce.com listed among the add-ins, and I cannot find the file 'excel_connect.xla'.
finalistfinalist
sorry - that (still) should read sforce_connect.xla
Harry JamesHarry James

Yes, you are correct  -  two different things.  The EXCEL Connector is available here:

http://sforce.sourceforge.net/excel/index.htm

finalistfinalist
Currently, then, I am looking to figure out how to install the Office Edition on this machine/setup.  I have existing project that require the Excel/salesforce connection to pull in existing reports, and new projects that need doing.

I've uninstalled all traces at this point, so now have just Office 2007 with no tie-ins/add-ins added.  When I started the process (and the thread), the basic 'Desktop Integration' link to the Office Edition installed ok (at least the installer thought so), but there was no login or add-in in either Word or Excel.
finalistfinalist
[bump] just keeping the thread alive in case someone passes by with fresh ideas [/bump]
USC NewbieUSC Newbie
Thanks to your detailed instructions, I was able finally "connect.":smileyhappy:
PJRPJR
I'm also having all kinds of problems. I've been using offline edition, office edition, and outlook edition for years without major issues. I have a new Dell laptop with Vista and Office 2007 and the Office Edition fails to register several DLL's, the Offline Edition crashes when I try to empty the briefcase, and the Outlook Edition was working okay...until a couple days ago. It hung, and now syncs okay, but crashes when I close Outlook.

Not fun. I have tickets into support, but nothing back from them yet.

Overall I find Vista rather buggy still. I figured after this much time on the market it would be more stable. I actually had two bluescreens in the first month. I haven't had one of those in 5-6 years.