function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
LeslieSLeslieS 

Offline Synchronisation for non account owners

Hi,

In our Sales org we have account reps with around 250 accounts each which are being synchronised ok.

We want to expand the synchronisation to 1 level higher in the territiory hierarchy i.e. Area Sales Managers.

As each area sales manager can have up to 9 Reps, this gives around 1750 accounts to synchronise (well within the 5,000 limit), but here's the problem:

How do I populate the Area Sales Managers synchronisation list automatically to reflect the customer accounts owned by the account reps?

It's not feasible to manually click "include offline" on every account, can I write a task to update the list every evening?

Many thanks
Leslie
PeanutmanPeanutman

Hi Leslie,

I am in the same boat as you. You can have the manager change their briefcase settings to 'Manually Selected'. However, the negatives are:

• You only can manually select up to 100 Accounts.
  • It needs to be done manually.

I contacted Salesforce.com to give me a way behind the scenes to choose the 100 Accounts for the manager, but they said it was not possible.

I just tell my managers as you come across Accounts you want to include, just click the 'Include Offline' button.

Regards,

Eric

LeslieSLeslieS

Eric,

Thanks for you reply. Sounds like I am going to run in to a problem with only being allowed 100 customers selected manually.

Leslie

rprrpr

I have not actually tried doing this, but it would appear that if you create a task for all of the accounts that you want to include, assigned to the person who wants to include the accounts in his/her briefcase, and then select Activity-Based Briefcase for your synchronization option, that it should work.

Here's the description from online help:

• Activity-based Briefcase

Choose this option to include all accounts with which you have an activity that meets the tasks and events guidelines (see Your Set of Accounts for details on these guidelines). With this option, your Briefcase also includes the associated information listed in Your Set of Accounts.

• The tasks would have to be in open status with a due date within 24 months in the future.

Rhonda

LeslieSLeslieS

Rhonda,

Thanks vey much for this suggestion. We are creating a file for mass importing into individuals task lists that will expire at the end of each year. 1 Record for every account they need to own.

Great work around. I will also log it in the idea exchange as an area for future enhancement.

Kind regards,

Leslie