function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ShmoothShmooth 

Outlook 2007, Vista: 'Add-ins' menu just disappears upon second invocation of 'New Mail Message'...

it took me forever (ok, a few weeks) to figure out where the 'Send and Add' button was in Outlook 2007- and today i finally realized why i had so much trouble finding it. first, Outlook 2007's interface is the most confusing yet from Microsoft, and that's no small feat. how they managed to make a Mail interface virtually impenetrable is beyond me. props, Microsoft!

so, i find this 'Add-ins' menu today and I'm like, 'Cool!'

i use it - awesome. but then i go to use it again, and, uh, it's like not there anymore.

an hour later, it's confirmed. i'm not going crazy. this software really just does have a horrific bug. the 'Add-ins' menu - if that's what it's called - is just gone. i have to restart Outlook to use this integration with Salesforce. I don't know which software is responsible, but it's pretty horrendous.

SprueSprue
Hello,

We are also having this problem. We upgraded MS Office which already had Salesforce Add On installed from 2003 to 2007 and the same thing happens: The first time a user hits "Reply", the Add-In tab is present but anytime after that it disappears. The tabs return only when the user re-launches Outlook, but then disappears again after the first time.

I have re-installed the Add-On with no results. I also made sure Salesforce was not disabled under Help in Outlook.

Thanks,
Andy