function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Legiant AdminLegiant Admin 

Office 2007 does not work!

There is no fix and support just ignores or closes the case!
It has been fixed!
L0t3kL0t3k
Installed the office add-in version 1.3.2.8 (per the "about"), version 1.07.1328 per the Desktop Integration Clients page in SF.

Produces this error:
Error found in Custom UI XML of "H:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\STARTUP\sforce12.dotm":
Line: 2
Column: 35
Error Code 0x80004005
Unknown Office control ID: Home

So I fixed the sforce12.dotm customUI file, did another mail merge and got this:
Exception:CMMHost::GenMailMerge:Exception
Object variable or With block variable not set

Please complete the following steps to correct the SalesForce/MS Office 2007 – Mail Merge issue. Before upgrading to the new Mail Merge add-on that supports Windows Vista and Word 2007, perform the following steps. Note that you must be logged in to your PC as a Windows user with sufficient administrative privileges to change the settings described.

1. 1. Open your Windows Control Panel.
  2. 2. Windows 2000 and XP users, click 'Add or Remove Programs'. Windows Vista users, click 'Programs and Features'.
  1. 3. Remove the program 'Salesforce Mail Merge' if it is present.
  1. 4. Open your Internet Explorer Web browser.
  1. 5. IE 6 users:
    • o Click Tools | Internet Options to open the Internet Options dialog.
      • o On the General tab click the 'Settings' button in the 'Temporary Internet Files' area.
        • o Click the 'View Objects' button. The file directory 'C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files' opens.
          • o Delete the following items if they are present: 'CMMHost Object' and 'SFCom Control'
            1. 6. IE 7 users:
            • o Click Tools | Manage Add-ons | Enable or Disable Add-ons.
              • o In the 'Show' drop-down list, choose 'Downloaded ActiveX Controls (32 bit)'.
                • o If the following items are present, select them one at a time and then click the 'Delete' button to delete them: 'CMMHost Object' and 'SFCom Control'
                  • o Click 'OK'.
                    1. 7. Close Internet Explorer.

To install the new Mail Merge:

• 1. Log into salesforce.com and perform a regular Mail Merge. Remember to deselect "Log an Activity," since this is a test run.
                      L0t3kL0t3k
                      I did all that, the one error persisted.  I had to manually edit a few files embedded in the add-ins for word and excel to remove all references to the "Home" object.  Then the add-ins work just fine.

If anyone else needs detailed instructions on how to do that, I can post them.

EzriEzri
                      Hi, can you post your solution details please? Thanks!!
                      Nicole-FranceNicole-France
                      I have the same problem and have tried the same solution (uninstall ActiveX add-ons) but it still won't work.
                      Please give details about what to do.
                      Thank you very much.

Message Edited by Nicole-France on 07-09-2008 08:24 AM