function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
George65George65 

Outlook Sync Using a Pocket PC

One of my users is trying to sync his tasks and events logged into the PocketPC version of Outlook and would like to be able to associate these activities with Accounts and etc.  (I know this functionality will not be available until the 3.0 release but I am hoping to get an early copy).  However, he claims that the Contacts field does not appear on the activities screen when using his PocketPC.  I have to confess, I have never even seen the scaled down version of Outlook so I do not know how to help him.  Has anyone else run into this problem?
wsws
Hi,

When you say 'contacts' field - are you referring to the who id / what id fields that shows the association values from Salesforce.com?  If so, then, in general, the Pocket PC doesn't allow you to customize the event view.  Pocket PC devices only shows a standard and limited number of fields.

Of course, I may be wrong, but I currently have a windows mobile 5 device and I've had a 2002 device and I'm not aware of being able to add any custom fields.  If anyone else knows how to do this, I'll be interested to hear :).

Thanks,