function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CTU007CTU007 

after installed outlook edition 3.2.105, my outlook 2007 fails to start

It was ok when i was using outlook edition 3.1, i am using windows XP SP2, outlook 2007 both on the server & client end.

The error msg at first was:

"......ost cannot be accessed because it has been configured for use with a different mailbox".

Then it changed into "The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action"....    "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists."
I have repaired outlook, re-installed without luck. Now my IT guy will re-image my HD.

What went wrong?
War201War201

Has anyone at salesforce helped you with this?

I just did the same thing this AM and I am waiting for their reply.  My fear is I am screwed!

HauteSpotHauteSpot
What I have done, which may have corrected a different, but similar problem, is this:

1. Un-installed Salesforece Outlook connector
2. Completely removed the Salesforce installation directory
3. Deleted all Salesforce registry entries that I could find
4. Compressed registry using WinASO.
5. Rebooted computer
6. Checked Microsoft Update for any patches, etc
7. Created a restore point
8. Installed Salesforce Outlook connector
9. Re-sync from scratch

Don't hold your breath for support from Salesforce. They are great at taking your money, but not so great on providing solutions when you need support...my experience
CTU007CTU007
War201, I am sorry to hear that.  :smileysad:

I did not bother to log a case because I was not too sure I would get any valuable help.

My IT guy re-imaged my HD, it was so much trouble: I had to copy all my files, data to the server because the whole HD was only one partition. Then I have to re-install all my application.....

But magically, after the re-image, the problem went away, and I successfully installed the outlook version.

War201War201
Does your outlook work now?
CTU007CTU007
Yes, working well.
Hey JeffHey Jeff
I was working fine with Outlook Edition 3.1 with WinXP and Office 2007. Then I installed Outlook Edition 3.2 and it killed my Outlook.

Same error messages;

"......ost cannot be accessed because it has been configured for use with a different mailbox".

Then,

"The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action"....    "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists."

I wound up having to create an new user profile on my PC. I then reinstalled OE 3.1 and I get the error;
"The project being opened has been created using a more recent version of this product..."
I do not want to reinstall 3.2 due to the problems stated above. So, I now am unable to use either version of OE.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CTU007CTU007
This becomes more serious than I expected...
smilixsmilix
Hi all,

I also have this Outlook error, I'm not able to receive my emails automatically every 5 minutes as set in the options.

And I also detected that there might be a coherence with "Windows Live Messenger", because since the time I upgraded from Outlook Edition 3.1 to 3.2 I'm no longer able to automatically start the messenger with my MSN user login data.

Has anybody else problems with logging into Live Messenger since installing Outlook Edition 3.2 ?

Regards from Germany,
Christoph
smilixsmilix

Problem solved, but it has nothing to to with the issue mentioned above.

It was another issue with Outlook (erased passwords after uninstallation of Outlook Ed. 3.0)

Just found the other thread after writing the message above...

Anyway... good luck !

War201War201
Come to find out it is a problem is in the uninstall of the version 3.1.  During this process it is deleting a bunch of stuff from the shell registery folder.  The fix is to replace these items.

read this:

These are all Expandable String Values and can't be merged as strings from a .reg file. Use the following plain-text values if you're recreating the keys and values manually with regedit. Otherwise use the binary data right after to first merge the default values in to the registry and then make any necessary adjustments manually with regedit.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders] "AppData"="%USERPROFILE%\Application Data"

"Desktop"="%USERPROFILE%\Desktop"

"Favorites"="%USERPROFILE%\Favorites"

"NetHood"="%USERPROFILE%\NetHood"

"Personal"="%USERPROFILE%\My Documents"

"PrintHood"="%USERPROFILE%\PrintHood"

"Programs"="%USERPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs"

"Recent"="%USERPROFILE%\Recent"

"SendTo"="%USERPROFILE%\SendTo"

"Start Menu"="%USERPROFILE%\Start Menu"

"Startup"="%USERPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"

"Templates"="%USERPROFILE%\Templates"

"My Pictures"=""%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\My Pictures"

"Local Settings"="%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings"

"Local AppData"="%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data"

"Cache"="%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files"

"Cookies"="%USERPROFILE%\Cookies"

"History"="%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\History"

It may be easiest to have your IT guy get these back for you.

Hope this helps

PadpawPadpaw
I ended up exporting the values from Default User under HKEY_USERS, then changed the import key to reference HKEY_CURRENT_USER.  took all of 3 minutes.

Even fixed my other 2 computers @ home that I was going to reimage because I couldn't figure out how to fix.

SalesForce developers... If you're listening..... Please fix your installer....

dlangedlange
Restoring your computer to the previous day always fixes this problem for me.