function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
afaf 

How do I export a single contact from Salesforce to Outlook

How do I export a single contact from Salesforce to Outlook. Is there any way to quickly export a contact as a VCF.
afaf
This looks exactly like what I want, but it does not work? I installed the app, it is shown in my apps list, but when I view a contact or lead I do not see the vCard button. Any ideas?
Harry JamesHarry James
You will have to go into your Lead and Contact page layouts and add the button in the Button Section.
afaf
Perfect, this is exactly what I wanted. Thanks.
JezcabJezcab
Hmm, I downloaded the vcard but do not see how to get it onto the Contact or Lead layout as a button. I'm teh Admin for SFDC and cannot understand why I cannot make it active. This is a great shortcut though, hope I get it figured out
holiday-rentalsholiday-rentals
hi there,

i dont suppose you can go one step further and outline how to do that. i am a new user of SF and i have been trying to do this for a while now to no avail. i would really appriciate some assistance.

i have downloaded the app fine - it is getting it to show so i can use it that i am struggling with.

i look forward to your reply.

Ross.
Harry JamesHarry James

Go to App Setup.  Just to check that the install was good, go to either Contacts or Leads (or both) and check under Buttons and Links.  You should see vCard in both.

If good, go into Edit in you Contact and Lead page layouts.  There should be a Button Section with a Detail Page Buttons item in that section.  Double click that item, or single click to highlight and then click Edit Properties.  You should have a popup window where you can move the vCard button from Available to Selected.

ngabraningabrani

You may also want to take a look at Smart vCard http://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N300000059QzdEAE .

It is a free tool.