function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tvance007tvance007 

Lotus Notes hangs with Notes Splash screen after installing Salesforce Notes Edition 3.2

Anyone have a problems with Lotus Notes 7.0 hanging after installing the Salesforce Lotus Edition 3.2 software?
krzysztofkrzysztof
Is this the first time you have ran notes with the plugin?  In some cases it may take a while for a response to a labels file (localization of the plugin) request to come back. I would suggest that you allow the operation to complete if it doesn't take an unreasonable amount of time.  You may also want to turn up logging to 0xfff under HKLM\Software\salesforce.com\SM\LogMask and post the contents of the log that can be located under x:\Documents and Settings\your user name\Application Data\Salesforce.com\SM\SMLogFile.txt.
tvance007tvance007

Thanks for the suggestion. We have waited until the splash screen disappears and this takes several minutes and then nothing happens. The nlnotes.exe process is still running on the computer. We have another computer that it works fine on.

I have asked the user to send the log file to me as I am doing this troubleshooting remotely and will post when he has a chance to try it again.

Thanks,

krzysztofkrzysztof
Another possibility is that the plugin can't establish a connection to salesforce.  Is the user working over vpn or proxy?  Can that person access salesforce via internet explorer (using ie for this is key)?
tvance007tvance007

He is in a remote office and can access salesforce site with no problems. He does have another application that sync's his palm pilot that we think might be an issue. We added the Addinmenu= value that was missing after the install, which makes me wonder if the install is completing successfully.

There is an error code 1500 another installation is in progress when he tries and removes the software. I believe after a reboot he is able to remove it...

Thanks,

krzysztofkrzysztof
Have you tried loading only the salesforce plugin by specifying AddinMenus=sfdcmenu?  There is a possibility that some other plugin may be interfering with the load process.  There is another component that loads on notes startup and that is specified under the NSF_HOOKS variable (sfdcnsfhook) that you may want to try to temporarily remove to see if that helps.  This component is responsible for auto-marking newly saved records in notes.