function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DivyaDivya 

Outlook Edition - Adding a case

Hi,
 I was wondering if anyone else has seen this and has a solution:

When I create a case from an email in Outlook - the email does not get added as part of the case. I was under the impression that the email would be included in the case details (may be in the activities section). As it works right now only the contact details get included. Anyway to fix this problem and have the email included?

Thanks!
Divya
KathrynKathryn
Hi Divya

We have a solution in that we don't use it.  It doesn't complete most fields, meaning we go in and edit the record so it doesn't save us any time.  Looking at the most recent case we've raised using this as far as I can see you are correct in believing it doesn't add the email to the case as an activity.

Have you tried using a Self-service portal for customers to raise new cases through?  We've found this works much better and is really popular,

Kathryn
DivyaDivya
Hi Kathryn,
 Thank you confirming the missing feature. I was afraid that I was doing something incorrectly as in the Help & Training section it said that the email gets added and that was not happening. We use the self service portal and that definitely works better than this.
 Thanks again!

Divya