function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Moose6353Moose6353 

Syncing with Outlook 2003

Two problems occur
1. In "My Contacts" directory, some contacts I can click and sync OK. Others, with similar configuration I cannot. Message is "Record cannot be matched for syn because association is invalid. Keep in mind, the contact is no different from the others accept for name and email address. This occurs with a large number.

2. In our public folder, that contact all of our outside reps, when I try to sync the message received is "The folders ytou are trying to mark are not a folder marked for synchronization". I have tried to sync entire folders. Doesn't work. Does this have anything to do with ownership of the file? I am unable to modify these files.

Thanking you in advance for your help.
Lenny123Lenny123

Same problem for me - in office 2007 as well!!!

Does anyone knows the solution?

SmallBizOwnerSmallBizOwner
I have spent many man hours trying to get the Outlook Sync to work.  Seems very buggy since it duplicates records and then it is taking a lot of time to correct the database.  Wish there was a simple step by step process for setting up the sync and getting it to work correctly.
DWSDWS
We are having the exact same problem. Sync doubles all data, and individual syncs sometimes fail stating association is invalid error as well.
BCPAdminBCPAdmin

This is a result of a change to the latest Outlook Sync program (v3.2).

Everyone is having the same problem getting new contacts to Sync to Salesforce now.

Please click on the following link and PROMOTE the idea to bring back flawless syncronization : http://ideas.salesforce.com/article/show/74271 

Thanks!

ceolstadceolstad
This was driving me crazy until I found a pretty good work-around. 

Salesforce uses the category field in Outlook to sync contacts and tasks.  It simply looks for the text 'salesforce.com' and will proceed to automatically sync any contacts (or tasks) labeled with this category.  So by typing 'salesforce.com' in the Category field, you are essentially doing the same thing as clicking 'Mark for Sync.'

But what if you want to sync multiple new contacts?  Easy.  Just select the contacts you wish to sync.  Then right click your selection and choose Categories.  From the list of available categories, select 'salesforce.com.'  It may not be available, but that's fine, you can simply type in the space provided at the top of the window. Then click OK. 

Now when you click SYNC, it will sync all of your selected contacts in Outlook.  Also, Account names do not have to be an exact match, Salesforce will search for the closest.