function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
PSeegerPSeeger 

Email Relaying

I am interested in hearing from anyone who has set up email relaying. I would like to know how it's working for them, how easy/hard it was to set up and what have been the pros and cons for them.  We are considering doing this and are looking for some words of advice or warning. Thank you for sharing your experiences!

Joe_IpsenJoe_Ipsen

You posted this message quite a while ago, so I am guessing you either set this up or decided not to.

How'd it go?

I am about to test this myself and need to do some testing before changing all of our traffic through our mail relays.  As I do not want to impact our production users, I am going to set this up on our Sandbox first.  Has anyone tried this before?

Any other suggestions on how to test this?

Message Edited by Joe_Ipsen on 08-20-2009 09:36 AM
PSeegerPSeeger
No, we did not implement it so I don't have any experiences to share.  However, there may be renewed interest in it so it may be something I'll have to look into again.
Joe_IpsenJoe_Ipsen

As a quick update, I can confirm that the Sandbox can in fact be used to test out relaying before deploying your production environment.

I've mainly been using the Test Deliverability tool, but plan on sending some mass mailings to falsified contact records next. 

All has been going well in our preliminary testing . . . so far, Salesforce's configuration is the simplest portion of the migration.

I'll try to post an update in a week or two when we move our main production environment to relay through our systems. 

FoogeeFoogee

would this solution be of interest to anyone? http://www.interserver.net/salesforce-email-relay.php