function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
len123len123 

Problem with Events sync

I have office 2007, I installed the new outlook integration and I have the toolbar. Most of the features are working well (for example - the emails sync and contacts) but when I sync events I get an error: "Some errors have occurred, please review them" and instead of the button Cancel I have a button Done. I don't see any errors. It's just get stuck until I click the Done button and the window disappears, no sync is done.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

TWicksTWicks

I have the same problem, which started about 2 weeks ago and occurs after the contacts have been synched (the dialog box shows "Getting Outlook Record History".  I have tried deleting the synch history rerunning synch, but it errors out each time.  NOTE: The synch log is blank.   

The problem is that it now no longer synchs appointments and tasks, which are both imporant to me.

Regards,

Thomas

JonathanChuaJonathanChua

I also have the same problem. Because of my hard drive crashed, I had to reload everything and upgraded to Outlook 2007 and Salesforce Outlook Connect 3.2.

Events will never get past the "Getting outlook record history" phase. No error logs. So can't find the errors. Also I tried different synchronization methods but nothing worked.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

TWicksTWicks

I was able to resolve the issue by moving all my salesforce.com appointments from my calendar to my archive calendar.  I then synched salesforce.com and Outlook, after setting the synch option for events to “Salesforce always wins”.  After that, I moved back any missing future appointments from the archive calendar to the main calendar and re-synched.  It turns out there was a corrupted historic appointment  (I never found out which one).  The one warning I received from salesforece.com is that the synch will fail if you have tasks or events that expand more than 1 day, from 11pm to 1am.

By the way, I had the same issue with the log file.  The folks at salesforce.com sent me the following instructions to fix that:

1. On the local computer go to Start | Run.

2. In the panel that opens type "regedit" and click "OK".

3. In the registry editor navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Salesforce.com\SM and click on the key in the right hand pane called "LogMask". Make note of the Value (so you can revert later) and then change the Value data to "ff" and click "OK".

4. Next close and open Outlook and then perform the steps to replicate the problem you are having, to capture data in the logs.

(B) To locate the log files within Outlook:
1. Click on: Options | Salesforce Options.

2. On the dialog box, click on the Log File tab.

3. Click "View" to review the log file in Notepad.

Alternatively, you can locate the SMLogfile.txt file in the following directory using Windows 2000/XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\salesforce.com\SM\SMLogfile.txt
Using vista this can be found at C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\salesforce.com\SM

(C) When you are done with the above, please change the Logmask value as above back to default of 1e for Connect for Microsoft Outlook 2.x and 0 for Connect for Microsoft Outlook 3.x (or to what it was before as per step A3).
JonathanChuaJonathanChua

I have removed all my calendar events and ran diagnostics on Outlook to see if there are any problems (result: none), but I still get the same issue.

The following is what I see in the logs:

[5580] 6/14/2008 6:29:10 PM:   Setting Progress Text: Getting Outlook record history
[5580] 6/14/2008 6:29:10 PM: OutlookConnector::GetRecordHistoryInfos()
[5580] 6/14/2008 6:29:10 PM: Folder id is 0000000022BFBF626858A246B1A12AEF7156107E22810000
[5580] 6/14/2008 6:29:10 PM: About to get folder
[5580] 6/14/2008 6:29:10 PM: Done getting folder
[5580] 6/14/2008 6:29:10 PM: Done getting folder
[5580] 6/14/2008 6:29:10 PM: Retrieving items.
[5580] 6/14/2008 6:29:10 PM: Unknown exception: file .\CConnector.cpp, line 1187
[5580] 6/14/2008 6:29:10 PM:   Setting Status Text: Some errors have occurred. Please review them.
[5580] 6/14/2008 6:29:12 PM: ExplorerEventHandler::Activate()
[5580] 6/14/2008 6:29:12 PM: ExplorerEventHandler::AddUItoExplorer()
[5580] 6/14/2008 6:29:12 PM: AddUItoExplorer 2
[5580] 6/14/2008 6:29:12 PM: AddUItoExplorer 3
[5580] 6/14/2008 6:29:12 PM: AddUItoExplorer 6 (not created) Count: 6, size 6
[5580] 6/14/2008 6:29:12 PM: AddUItoExplorer 4 (created? 0)
[5580] 6/14/2008 6:29:12 PM: AddUItoExplorer 6 (not created) Count: 4, size 4

Here's the error - "Unknown exception: file .\CConnector.cpp, line 1187"

Any insight? I have already opened a case with SalesForce, but have not received a reply.

JonathanChuaJonathanChua
GOT IT!!!

From the Salesforce HELP:

Also, it might help you find possibly problematic records by creating a new calendar view:

1- Go to View > Arrange By > Current View > Define Views > New button.
2- Give it a name and set 'Type' = 'Table' and 'Can be used on' = 'All Calendars'; click OK then OK again.

This will give you a table view of your current calendar.  Be sure to include Categories and Attachments as columns/fields in your view.  This way you can identify which events have attachments and which ones are marked for synch ('Category' = 'salesforce.com').
- - -

I found alot of records with birthdates that were way in the future 2045 and after I deleted those, it was all good.
sodbustersodbuster

I followed the steps 1 thru 4 and my sync worked. I am leaving the LogMask Key Value as ff for now.

ToxtarToxtar

I am running Outlook 2010, and I have tried the methods posted on correcting these sync issues.  I just removed the software and downloaded/installed the latest version (1.7.102) 

I continue to have the same 3 sync issues in my sync log.

Object   Record                       Error Type                         Message

Event     <Subject Name>     Outlook Create Error      An error Occurred when updating this record in Outlook.

I can't find the events it references.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.