function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ChrisB at HomeChrisB at Home 

VF Page Summer 2008 -- apex:pageBlockTable now fills null values with value from previous row

Since the Summer '08 switch (from VF Spring '08)  any null values in pageBlockTable now display the value from the corresponding column in the previous row.   This copying continues if a colum has a sequence of null values.  This applies to the final 6 columns in the case given below.

I Ihave tried using dataTable and have also commented out the inputCheckbox column in case this was causing a problem (This is a dummy value used for selection purposes).  The corresponding custom controller class get function is below.  Has anyone experience/resolved similar issues?

<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!stContacts}" var="stContact">
                 <apex:column> <apex:inputCheckbox value="{!stContact.Selected__c}"></apex:inputCheckbox></apex:column>  
                 <apex:column value="{!stContact.Name}"/>        
                 <apex:column value="{!stContact.Job_Title__c}"/> 
                 <apex:column value="{!stContact.Dept__c}"/> 
                 <apex:column value="{!stContact.Stake_Holder__r.Name}"/>    
                 <apex:column value="{!stContact.Stake_Holder__r.Location__c}"/>    
                 <apex:column value="{!stContact.Phone__c}"/>    
                 <apex:column value="{!stContact.Email__c}"/>    
              </apex:pageBlockTable>

public ST_Contact__c[] getStContacts() {
      if (stContacts == null)
        {
        stContacts = [Select  Selected__c, Phone__c, Name, Mobile__c, Job_Title__c, Email__c, Dept__c, Address__c, Stake_Holder__r.name, Stake_Holder__r.Location__c From ST_Contact__c];
        }
      return stContacts;
    }
Arvind010Arvind010
I am also facing the same problem. I'm displaying an Account with related contacts as a datatable. The first contact has a phone no and the second doesn't. But the phone field of 2nd contact is being populated with the phone no of 1st contact. Same thing is happening for email field also. Here's my code.
<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!cinfo.Contacts}" var="tact">
<apex:column value="{!tact.Name}"/>
<apex:column value="{!tact.Phone}"></apex:column>
<apex:column value="{!tact.Email}"> </apex:column>
</apex:pageBlockTable>
and here's the controller
public Account getcinfo() {
cinfo = [select id,name,OwnerId,Region_Code__c,Phone,Fax,Website,BillingCity,BillingCountry,BillingState,
BillingPostalCode,ShippingCity,ShippingCountry,ShippingPostalCode,ShippingState,(select Name,Phone,Email from Contacts) from Account where OwnerId = :Userinfo.getUserId()];
return cinfo;

But if the 2nd Contact's phone no is entered and the 1st contact's phone no is removed its displaying properly and even when the two contacts are given different phone nos its displaying properly.
jwetzlerjwetzler
Was hoping you wouldn't notice :)

There is a fix going out for this hopefully tonight but definitely in the next day or so.
ChrisB at HomeChrisB at Home

Thanks for response, Arvindo.  And even bigger thanks for the fix, Jill.

Have just tested on servers na2 and emea, with respect to my given problem, and can confirm that this has been fixed.

TomSnyderTomSnyder
I'm experience the same on on our sandbox at cs2.  when will this be corrected?

-Tom