function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SteveEthosSteveEthos 

Visual Force and the Migration Tool, Standard button overrides

We are using the ANT migration tool to package up the different pieces of the application and move through our enviornments (DEV, STAGE, PROD).

I have been looking through the source files exported by the tool looking for where all of the settings reside.  I have not been able to find the following:

SObject:  Standard Buttons and links:   Overrides to call Visual Force pages for these functional elements instead of the standard page layouts.

Search Layouts:  The definition of the columns displayed for each of the Search Layout.

Without these, we cannot deploy the full functionality of our application turnkey.  I do not want to have to perform any manual tasks after a push.

Does anyone know where in the output files these settings reside?

Thanks,
Steve

Message Edited by SteveEthos on 08-14-2008 05:45 PM
SteveEthosSteveEthos

And:

#3 Views: (we would like to have some standard views loaded up for some SObjects).  How can we Deploy/migrate them?

Thanks,

Steve

SteveEthosSteveEthos

I am really surprised that nobody has encounterd this.  How do we use the Migration tool to deploy standard button overrides?

It is a hack to have to deploy, then go into the target environment and set them manually.  With such a nice deployment tool, it would be great to have 100% of the changes scripted.

Thanks,

Steve