function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RobinDragonsRobinDragons 

Collaborating with excel documents online (with contacts)

Hi,

Forgive me if this has been brought up before, but I'm a bit rushed (aren't we all...?)

When we add a new contact, we also attach an excel spreadsheet that relates exclusively to that contact. This Spreadsheet can potentially under-go 2 or 3 edits before the final draft.
My question is this: Is there a way to edit the spreadsheet online, thus saving us having to download it, edit it, and re-upload it, while retaining the attachment to a contact?

Thanks,

Robin
NitroDeskNitroDesk

robin,

One of the features of crmsoda (www.crmsoda.com) when it is ready for alpha will be the ability to click on an attachment and edit it and reupload it back when saved. Would this be what you are looking for?

the experience will be something like click on attachment, which will launch excel with the attachment, make your edits in Excel, and when done, save and Update, which will automatically update the attachment..

-g

Gemini@WorkGemini@Work
Move your office to the cloud!  GoogleDocs
RobinDragonsRobinDragons
Thanks for the replies thus far.

In terms of crmsoda - although useful, it wouldn't really change the way we currently work, it would just mean doing it in a different order.

As for good ol' googledocs - I think that's going to have to be the way forward. Sadly, there are a lot of documents to move, but, it does seem to be the way forward.

Cheers,

Robin