function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
debikendebiken 

Simple Mail Merge Word 2007, fields not populating correctly

Running Office 2007 and Vista, anyone else had problems with fields not populating correctly?  I add a merge field to my document using the office connector and it appears to be the correct field, but populates the field with wrong data or no data?

Sample of my template:
<<ACCOUNT_NAME>>
<<ACCOUNT_BILLINGSTREET>>
<<ACCOUNT_BILLINGCITY>>
<<ACCOUNT_BILLINGSTATE>>  <<ACCOUNT_BILLINGPOSTALCODE>>

PHONE:  <<ACCOUNT_PHONE>>
FAX:        <<ACCOUNT_FAX>>
(other account details here in header section of page)

CONTACTS:
NAME                                                                           MOBILE                                                        HOME
<<CONTACTS_FIRSTNAME>>                        <<CONTACT_MOBILEPHONE>>             <<CONTACT_HOMEPHONE>>
foghornfoghorn
Does the template work on a different machine, say one that is running a different version of office?
jmarie1228jmarie1228
I haven't tried that, our company has standardized on Office 2007 so I was hoping for a solution or suggestions on Word 2007.
foghornfoghorn
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 12"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 12">

Humm, just tried word 2k7 on 2k3 server, seemed ok.

Can you send me the template you are having problems with and what exactly you are seeing?

chopkins@salesforce.com