function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TVPTVP 

Cannot re-enable Outlook Add-in

I'm using Outlook 2007 and the add-in buttons disappeared.  I went to TOOLS | TRUST CENTER | ADD-INS | MANAGE COM ADD-INS.

I could see that "Salesforce.com Outlook Edition Enhanced" was unchecked.  It should have been as easy as putting a checkmark by it and clicking OK.  See attached screen shot.

It did not turn out to be that easy.  The plug-in did not begin working after taking the steps above.  Every time I go back to manage the com add-ins, the checkmark is gone even though I had just added it and clicked OK.

This has been really frustrating and did not get any meaningful help the first time I attempted to call basic support.  I have done a complete un-install and re-install.  The basic support person even had me remove some things first from the registry.  I still have the exact same problem.

Can anyone offer insight/suggestions on how to correct this issue?
PeanutmanPeanutman

Hi!

You can try this:

1. In Outlook, go to Help > About Microsoft Office Outlook.

2. When the window appears, click the Disabled Items button.

3. When the Disabled Items window appears, highlight the first row and click the 'Enable' button. Repeat as needed if there are any other rows in the box until the box is empty. Click the 'Close' button when complete.

4. Click the 'OK' button to close the first window opened.

5. Close Outlook, wait 1 minute, and re-start Outlook again.

6. The Outlook Toolbar should now be back.

Good Luck,

Eric

ScottEScottE
I am having the same problem with a user.  The SF add-in is NOT listed as a disabled item.  Attempting to enable the add-in in the Outlook Trust Center results in a load behavior of: "Not loaded.  A runtime error occurred during the loading of the COM Add-in."

If you attempt to remove the add-in and then re-add it, you receive an error that the OlMinAddin.dll is not a valid Office Add-in.

This is occuring on a new installation of Windows Vista with Outlook 2007 SP1.  We are attempting to install the latest release of Connect for Outlook (Version 3.2.502)

tonyjulianotonyjuliano
I have the exact same problem as the post above...

Anyone have any info?
ScottEScottE
Apparently the issue results from missing DLL dependencies.  In our case 2 Microsoft DLLs were not present on the workstation:
  • msvcr71.dll
  • msvcp71.dll
Placing these DLLs in the %PROGRAMFILES%\salesforce.com\O3 folder allows the add-in to load successfully.

Why salesforce does not include these files in the installer I have no idea, but to correct the problem you either have to obtain them and place them in the folder manually or install a 3rd party application that places them into a folder referenced in the %PATH% variable.
tonyjulianotonyjuliano

Thanks!!!!

This fixed it.

PatmanPatman
After the two dll files are added to the folder........programfiles\salesforce.com\O3, what then?
PatmanPatman

I finally got to the bottom of this, with some assistance from Salesforce Technical Support.

jasdeajasdea

This solution worked for me.  The missing .dll's referenced were in my root dir.  I moved them to the directory suggested above and reloaded Outlook.  EUREKA! 

Thanks for sharing this.

johnwillmott2johnwillmott2
I'm getting a variant of this except it won't let me re-enable the disabled Outlook add-in. Seems to imply that the registry entry can't be changed. Anyone any ideas?
SFDC_0718SFDC_0718

I am having the same problem as these folks and have tried everything in this thread and in the referenced thread.  The interesting thing is that I do this on two computers and one works fine and the other doesn't.  In looking at the Registry on the system that does work I notice an entry Salesforce.com key called SM and it has two subdirectories called Toolbar and WhoWhatToolbar.  These keys do not show in the system where Connect is not working.

It's probably because one of the recommendations in this thread is to go in and delete this SM key, which I did.  I assumed it would get rebuilt if I started Outlook, which did not happen.

So, to summarize I did the following:

• Found and moved msvcr71.dll and msvcp71.dll to the 03 folder
  • Did the procedur: regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\3rd Party\SfdcRm.dll"
  • Deleted the SM key from the Registry
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook Connect more times than I can imagine

I was able to go into the 03 directory and successfully run the ISUpgrade.ext utility which means I can log into SFDC from my desktop and it even performed a sync.

Why don't I have an SM key in the Registry and how can I get it in there?

Thanks,

Bob

Otoniel-BrazilOtoniel-Brazil
SOLVE-IT!
InfowelderInfowelder

"Peanutman and ScottE in 2012"

THANK YOU for this post.  Its been driving me nuts for weeks.

Owe you a beer at Dreamforce.

DanOfManyHatsDanOfManyHats

I have been having this same problem with only one user.  Other profiles on the same computer work fine, but I am not able to enble the Safesforce COM Add-in from the Trust Center.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling both the Add-in and Outlook 2007 with no luck.

What DID work was going to the Help menu in Outlook, then selecting "Disabled Items...", selecting the SFDC Add-In, and simply clicking the Enable button.  So easy, but I sure spent a lot of time with other methods, including Salesforce Support.  I wish I had found this post 4 hours ago!  Thanks "Peanutman"!

Bob from LavastormBob from Lavastorm

I had this problem and followed guidance found in the Outlook help file directing me to the Trust Center to re-enable the Add-In there, which failed to work as described elsewhere in this post.  What DID work was going to the Help menu in Outlook, then selecting "Disabled Items...", selecting the SFDC Add-In, and simply clicking the Enable button.

I hadn't realized how much I've come to rely on SF Connect for Outlook!  Thanks everyone. :manhappy: