function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GenaLyonGenaLyon 

Converting contacts to leads?

Hi all,

Our company is just beginning to set up Salesforce and I have a quick question...I have done searches in the forums and help and training and found nothing regarding this...we have .vcf files (Outlook) that we would like to synch with salesforce as LEADS, not contacts. Is there any way to do this? Is there a way to convert contacts into leads in Salesforce?

Thanks
Gena Lyon
TommyboyTommyboy
Hi, 

You can use an sforce control usually as a url on a contact record that can say Convert Contact to lead.  You can copy all the
needed information from the contact record into the lead record.   I don't know of a way to sync leads with outlook.
GSmithGSmith
Is there a way to mass convert contacts to leads and retain all activities and campaigns?  We have several contacts that should in fact be leads.  We want to convert them back to leads, but they have activities and campaigns associated that we don't want to lose.  I know there is a link on each contact record, but that would be very tedious.  Any suggestions?
chrissy2007chrissy2007

Hi all,

Were you able to figure out how to code this button?  We are looking to build the same type of "backwards" conversion of contacts to leads, and any guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you!