function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CTU007CTU007 

imported report in excel cannot be refreshed after some time??

Hi, I don't know why this is happening, but it keeps happening to me: the reports cannot be refreshed after some time.

Can I import multiple reports into one tab in excel? Can I build pivottable in the same tab the report is imported? Is this the reason I cannot refresh reports?
AMartinAMartin

Hi,

You can place multiple reports on the same tab.  Just select the cell where you want the report to go before you import the report.  Just make sure one report will not overwrite another.  Again a pivottable can be on the same page of the report but you can't put it where it will overwrite it when the data is refreshed.

As for your error, the problem seems to be more with how you are accessing the Internet than with the actual reports.  At my company, we are also accessing the Internet via a proxy server.  I have found that when I use the Office Edition when on the company network (directly or over VPN) everything works perfectly.  But if I'm off the network and have turned off the Proxy client on my laptop's browser so I can access the Internet, Office Edition gives me the same error message. 

It seems that if you installed the Office Edition while using a proxy client, the application wants to always use it.  Check to see if you are using  proxy setttings in your browser or a proxy client when you get the error.

hth.

Aiden

CTU007CTU007

Thanks for your reply. I have never used any proxy server in my browser.

Maybe the other reason is I used some scripts in the tab where the report is imported? I use the script to format the table.

Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)

If I go to Data connections and check the property there, the link is damaged, normally it should be something like:

https://na0-api.salesforce.com/xxxxxxxx

but it became:

https:///&export=1&xf=xls......

I have seen some other posts on this, but no solution.

MavMMavM
I'm not certain this is an answer for you, but I had a similar frustration for a while and eventually realized the problem occurred only after I renamed a tab with a report defined in it.