function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SeanziesSeanzies 

MS Outlook with SFDC addin and using EMS EmailXtender Service

Currently we are experimenting with the outlook integration piece with SFDC.  Corporately we use the EMC EmailXtender service for archiving emails.
We have seemed to notice an issue with the Outlook intergration addin with the EmailXTender service enabled for users.

Is there a way for us to work around this?

In addition we've noticed that if we bypass our corporate proxy server then there is not an issue however we don't want to do that.  What configuration is neccesary and is bypassing the proxy server our only option?
BMarkhamBMarkham

Seanzies,

When attempting to use the proxy, how are your configuring the machine to use it?

FYI - Connect for Outlook does not support the "Automatically Detect Settings" option in Internet Explorer.

If you are not using that option, we have seen some plug-ins interfere with Connect for Outlook when a proxy is involved.  Customers have had some success with uninstalling all plug-ins and then reinstalling Connect for Outlook first.  As you've discovered, bypassing the proxy also works.

Was there another issue you were experiencing, too? 

Thanks,

Blake 

AlexKrenvalkAlexKrenvalk
My friend attached an image file and sent me on mail. When I opened my inbox I couldn't read this message! I was disapeared and called up my friend. Fortunately he advised - .pst recovery program,the utility solved my problem for seconds and absolutely free,at first I didn't believe. But moreover the utility showed me how it working with Outlook pst data recovery software and .pst recovery program.