function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ptepperptepper 

Incorrect Tab Style on Page with standardController & extension attributes set

Hi,

I created a page where the apex:page declaration is something like this:

<apex:page standardController="MyObject__c" extensions="MyController" id="thePage" title="The title">

I have set up a tab color and icon for the tab settings on this object. The problem is that it usually loads an incorrect style, which I'm assuming is the default styling for a custom object. It has a purplish color (#747E96) and a multi-colored cube icon (https://na5.salesforce.com/img/icon/custom32.png). The weird thing is that it only happens sometimes -- sometimes it loads the correct colors and icon -- and I can't figure out what's causing it to happen sometimes but not all the time.

I've tried explicitly setting the tabStyle param (tabStyle="MyObject__c") but that doesn't change anything.

Any idea why this is happening?

thanks,
-paul
jwetzlerjwetzler
The best I can tell you is that there's been a pretty big overhaul of tabstyle in the Winter '09 release -- does your custom object tabstyle happen to have a custom motif?  That's when I saw this behavior the most often.

I'm afraid I don't have a workaround for you though.  I suspect that the next major release will fix all of that for you.
ptepperptepper
Jill,

Thanks for letting me know...hopefully it will get fixed. Now I'm having more problems with cross-browser inconsistency (I'll make a separate post about it).

I think it is a custom motif. To make the tab I made a new Visualforce tab and selected the icon & color from the available options. The url for the page sometimes includes "sfdc.motif=Custom50" as a GET parameter.

-paul