function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jonathanrico.jonathanrico. 

Problem with PageMessages Component?

Hello everyone, im getting the following error when inserting the pageMessages component in the sandbox enviornment:

Save error: Expression Error: Named Object: core.apexpages.components.cdk.ApexComponentRefHandler not found.

Is anyone is experiencing the same thing?
jwetzlerjwetzler
You're getting this when you just put a pageMessages component somewhere on your page (i.e. you don't have to click on anything or perform any operations to get this error message?)  We are trying to track this one down.
jonathanrico.jonathanrico.
Ok,

Right now I have the pageMessages under an apex:outputPanel tag, and I rerender this panel when I perform the save action of a standardController. It was working just fine yesterday morning then I started to get this error.

Thank you, hope you can track this down.
dchasmandchasman
We have found the cause of the apex:pageMessages issue and are working to get the issue cleared up asap.
mtbclimbermtbclimber
This issue which was isolated to a subset of organizations using sandbox has been addressed. Please respond if you are still seeing problems related to this issue.
SebasSebas
Hi.
I'm still having this problem on sanbox (cs2 host). I have a pageMessages tag in my page, and the problem take place when i add an onclick event to a commandButton tag. And when i quit this onclick call or comment the pageMessages tag, the problem disapears.

Dogen ZenjiDogen Zenji
I am also having this problem on cs2 sandbox.
jwetzlerjwetzler
Thanks for notifying us.  Can you try again?

FYI there is a bit of a race condition that can cause this to happen.  This should not happen at all in the upcoming major release, but for the time being we have a way to fix it on the fly, so please do continue to post here if this happens.
SebasSebas
Thanks so much.
It works without problemas now :smileywink:

Dogen ZenjiDogen Zenji
Thanks!  I'm good to go as well.
Dogen ZenjiDogen Zenji
Unfortunately this is happening again in CS2.