function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
nimbuscloudnimbuscloud 

Opportunity Product Visualforce page with lookup as dropdown

I am looking at making 2 customizations to the Opportunity Product

1. Involves creating a custom page like the one shown in the Pic 1 attached
Is it possible to turn the Product field to a picklist instead of the label for the name of the product?
The reason for doing this is cutting down the number of steps to configure the Opportunity Product from an Opportunity.
Is creating a Visualforce page the way to go for this ? Can you suggest how to achieve dropdown capability for the Product name?

2. Would like to create a Clone button under the Opportunity Product section on the Opportunity page.
Clicking on the Clone button should take the user to the custom page described above.

Thanks

PIC1

PIC2

Message Edited by nimbuscloud on 07-04-2008 12:10 AM

Message Edited by nimbuscloud on 07-08-2008 10:02 AM
ChrisGountanisChrisGountanis
I also would like to see some real working code and ideas for a change like this.
kevinedelmannkevinedelmann
Chris, the pictures did not load correctly.  I cannot see you examples/desired results
ChrisGountanisChrisGountanis
Not my post with the pictures but yes now theat you mention it, I can't see images either.
nimbuscloudnimbuscloud
I have fixed the images. Wondering if anybody has an alternate idea about this.

Feel free to give a quote on this.

Thanks
XactAndyXactAndy
Hi,

Did you get this sorted? If not, we have a VisualForce solution for it.

Cheers,

Andy
www.xactium.com
ASMASM
Hi , I am looking for someting similar in Visualforce. Could you guide me on how to do it please ?   I have to populate a lookup on opportunity with Ads. Only those Ads which belong to that particulat Opportunity. Can I do this using VF? Ads is related list in the Opportunity. And an Opportunity has many Ads in it.

XactAndyXactAndy
Hi,

We've developed a VisualForce solution to this which works off the clone and edit button.

If you'd like to obtain this, then please email info at xactium.com

See the screenshot below: