function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Process KingProcess King 

Tabbed Accounts and Tabbed Contacts - Related Lists

I need a little help here...we enjoy using the Tabbed Accounts (Tabbed Accounts in 30 seconds or less posting) and Tabbed Contacts but can not change the Related Lists that are displayed. Meaning, I have to show all Related lists on each "Record type" and "Page Layout". However, I only want to show the relevant related lists and we have way to many. Does anyone know how to display only the related lists that you want while using "Tabbed Accounts" and / or "Tabbed Contacts".

Thanks!
advlgxpmadvlgxpm
hmm, I just deployed that too and had no problems adding only the related lists I wanted. What type of errors are you getting?
Process KingProcess King
Thank you for replying.  We have three different record types which appears to cause a problem.  2 of the record types (candidates) can use one related list and the other (hiring manager) needs to use another related list.  This is because on the "opportunity" record, we have one lookup field for candidates and another for the hiring manager.  For example, relating opportunities in "tabbed contacts" didn't work until we made another related list (below) called Opportunity1. 

When I remove one of the page layouts for hiring manager, it gives me the following error:

"'Opportunity1__r' is not a valid child relationship name for entity Contact"

In order for the tabs to work we have to show all related lists...please help.

Thanks!
advlgxpmadvlgxpm

:smileyvery-happy:

Had that EXACT same problem. The way to do this is to find the "child relationship" value through the Schema view in Eclipse or download and browse your schema through the Apex Explorer tool.

In ApexExplorer, expand the object you are building the VF page for, expand Child Objects, expand the relationship you want to add the list for and use the value in the "child object: xxx" node as the parameter in the VF related list component.

Tim Madigan.ax406Tim Madigan.ax406
I'm having the same issue.  It seems that if the related list isn't part of the page layout assigned to that record type, you get the error for that related list.
How do you overcome this issue without adding related lists to a record type that doesn't need them?