function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Scott.MScott.M 

Sites Wysiwyg Editor

Hi,

At dream force there was a demo for sites that included a wysiwyg editor for putting content onto a site. I'm trying to figure out how to create a custom object for a site that has this editor for creating new records, does anyone have any ideas on how to achieve this?

Thanks in advance!
TehNrdTehNrd
In one session I heard someone say this was a standard component. In another non-developer session I heard this was coming soon for normal long text areas. My guess is that this is a standard component coming soon.

Message Edited by TehNrd on 11-07-2008 04:00 PM
Ron HessRon Hess
try this

Code:
<apex:inputTextarea value="{!inputValue}" id="theTextarea" richText="true" />

you can bind the inputValue to a field in a new sobject if you like.
TehNrdTehNrd
Thanks Ron. I think it's about time I give the VF docs another complete read through. The last time I gave it a full read the doc was only 85 pages and now its nearly 160.

Message Edited by TehNrd on 11-07-2008 08:07 PM
Scott.MScott.M
Hi Ron,

I was trying to avoid using a visualforce page but I guess it'll be okay for any rich text objects I'll need. Any chance it'll become an option in the field creation interface?

Thanks!!
Ron HessRon Hess
Please post and or vote for this on the Idea Exchange!

LessLess
spindle79spindle79

Hi.  I'm new to the developer side of SF and Sites and wanted to see if there have been any updates to this.  I'm simply looking to add a WYSIWYG editor to my custom object.   Do I need to write custom code for this or is there an option somewhere I can use already built in?

Thanks!

Adam

OPROENOPROEN

OPROARTS Designer for Force.com is released.

A long waited WYSIWYG Visualforce template designer forForce.com.

You can easily design any document visually by placing components on the designer’s document layout area and visually map your SFDC fields and then convert it to a Visualforce page with a single mouse click and save the Visualforce template in your SFDC account. You can then use these templates whenever you want to generate documents.

You can use this handy application to design any document you want, Sales docs, product promotion flyers, Greetings & invitations to name a few.

Further more you can deliver generated document via email or fax in addition to attaching them to your Salesforce objects.

The OPROARTS Designer will provide support for Sites page designing in the next release soon.

Visit http://www.opro.net/oproarts/en/designer_for_force_com.html or www.youtube.com/user/opro to learn more about it.