function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Arun_PaliArun_Pali 

Using salesforce images ..

Hi Folks,
Does anyone know how to identify the list of all the images available in salesforce ? I wanted to include a image in my visualforce page and hence got stuck there without knowing the path for the image.

Thanks,
A B
Sai LavuSai Lavu

There must be an easier way to get the icons than what I did...

1. From any Salesforce page open up page source.

2. Search for dStandard.css and dCustom0.css. The names are clear enough to tell you what sort of icons exist in each of those css files.

3. Open up either dStandard.css and dCustom0.css files and search for your icons. If you are looking for the lead icon then you'll find it in dStandard.css. The relative URLs for e.g. are /img/icon/leads16.png & /img/icon/leads32.png.

Some of the other css files of note are: elements.css, common.css, homeCalendar.css, dashboard.css

BulentBulent
These paths might change from release to release. You might want to save the image you want to use and create your own local static resource and use it in your pages, so that it'll always work.
jwetzlerjwetzler
Do not use salesforce css files, javascript files, or images.  These are not considered a supported API and we can and will change the names of our images, files, javascript functions, and css classes from release to release.  There is no guarantee that your pages will continue to look or function the same way and in fact they will probably break at some point.  We make no promises that those images will still be in that location tomorrow.

As Bulent said, you need to store anything you need to use as a static resource and you need to own it yourself.
Sai LavuSai Lavu
My intention to give the paths was to help locate the resources only. We downloaded the images as static resources and would definitely recommend the same. Thanks for clarifying that guys.
Arun_PaliArun_Pali
Fantastic !! Folks I appreciate all your inputs.  I am using the image as a static resource as you all suggested.

And one more thing - probably you guys might have been aware of already !! I used the 'firebug' tool to inspect the element in my salesforce page. By this way I was able to figure out the path for the image easily and then downloaded the same to use it as a static resource.

Thanks,
A B