function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MelliottMelliott 

Help with Rendering a Visual Force Page

I have the basic structure down of doing a visual force page.  I can remove the top bars and the side bars.  I want to render th page in the center of the screen, like a data entry window (pretty format, lol).  Basically when a link is clicked it the window pops up and the user is able to enter the data.
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
RickyGRickyG
Melissa -

You want to call a Visualforce page, right?  From a standard UI?  Because you can add a link or detail page button which will call a VF page in it's own window. 

Or did you want something different?

All Answers

RickyGRickyG
Melissa -

You want to call a Visualforce page, right?  From a standard UI?  Because you can add a link or detail page button which will call a VF page in it's own window. 

Or did you want something different?
This was selected as the best answer
MelliottMelliott
I know how to use the custom link to open up the page.  What I need to do is have it rendered as a "pretty" pop up in the center of the screen.  Picture a box with a shadow behind it in Powerpoint (bad image, but anyways, lol).  It should appear to Pop from the screen.  I saw an example of it during a general session at dream force and really want to be able to pull this off visually for a project I am on.
RickyGRickyG
Melissa -

If you could tell me what demo showed this functionality, I could possibly track it down.
MelliottMelliott
If I remember correctly it was during a general session. I'll see if I can remember more detail about it.