function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
pschifflipschiffli 

Outlook Sync Issues and error message, did something recently change?

Hello everyone,

I have two users who use Outlook Sync successfully and have for about a year now. About 1.5 weeks ago, they experienced some errors when trying to sync up their contacts and events as seen below:

“There is a change in the field mapping. Please verify your field mappings and Restart Outlook. INVALID_Field: □SelectId,LastModifiedDate,Subject,IsAlldayEvent,ActivityDate,ActivityDateTime□

I checked their field mappings and they are identical to mine and I can sync with no error.  The fields listed above in the error are coming from the "Events" page if that is helpful.  The strange thing is that I have the same version of Outlook, same Exchange server, same version of the Outlook tool and I can sync successfully, but these two users have been getting the same errors. We migrated some data into a dev account and in sandbox to test it and no errors as well. I just would like to know if there is anyone that can shed some light on our issues so we can fix it for the users who actually count on this feature.

Thank you and have a great day!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
pschifflipschiffli

Hi Sravanthi,

I actually found out the solution to our issues with Outlook Sync.

Once we disected the error, we realized that the 'Events' fields were the ones triggering the message.  Once we cross-referenced the profiles of the users experiencing the problems and the fields that were being synced, we realized that the field level security needed to be opened up to those users profiles.  The fields that were being synced were fine, except for one that was read only for their profile so we had to open those fields level security to their profiles to ensure the sync would run successfully.  That solved our issue.

I hope this helps!

Patrick

All Answers

SravanthiSravanthi

I'm facing exactly same problem

Would some one shed light on it of why it's behaving this way.

Thanks in anticipation

pschifflipschiffli

Hi Sravanthi,

I actually found out the solution to our issues with Outlook Sync.

Once we disected the error, we realized that the 'Events' fields were the ones triggering the message.  Once we cross-referenced the profiles of the users experiencing the problems and the fields that were being synced, we realized that the field level security needed to be opened up to those users profiles.  The fields that were being synced were fine, except for one that was read only for their profile so we had to open those fields level security to their profiles to ensure the sync would run successfully.  That solved our issue.

I hope this helps!

Patrick

This was selected as the best answer
Michael_JohnsonMichael_Johnson

Hi pschiffli,

I am having a similar situation with this exact error and am unable to resolve the problem. I went to field permissions for events and for every field being mapped I made sure read-only was not selected. The only 2 fields I saw being mapped I did not see field permissions for were "WhoId" and "WhatId". Mind me asking what field permission was set to read only you changed to enable this profile to update from Outlook, or do you have any other advice? Thank you, I greatly appreciate it!

pschifflipschiffli

The field update that we made was to update the Event Type field.  One of the record types of the user who was having issues did not have access to this field due to field level security.  Once we opened it up to his profile, it worked just fine.  We definitely made a mountain out of a mole hill trying to solve this one, but it was a pretty simple fix.

The error messages are vague that come back from the sync page, so we just had noticed that the error was consistantly having issue with the "event" fileds.  We checked all of them and came up with that solution.

I hope this helps out your situation.  Let me know if not.

Patrick

TheRenceTheRence
I am also having the same issue "There is a change in the field mapping", but believe we are on the professional edition and don't have access to field level security. OUtlook sync was working fine untila few weeks ago, any other help greatly appreciated.
AlexKrenvalkAlexKrenvalk
I used to find different programs all the previous week. Accidentally I noticed an unusual software - outlook recover ost data,which I downloaded and used. I was discouraged,because of the software showed me extraordinary abilities. It restored my damaged emails for seconds and without payment as I bore in mind. Besides couple days ago my sister asked me to help her out. I recommended her this application. And in a day she thanked me a box of chocolate)). I have been eating it for some days))).
sreedharsreedhar

I was strugling with exact same problem. I opend up the visibility for the fields that are marked for sync in Outlook --> tools Menu--> Salesforce Options --> Event Tab --> Advanced --> Field maps and It started working great. Thanks Patrick.

Sherry JobsSherry Jobs
Software based Outlook Sync can simplify the process of cable based sync. For seamless, Over-the-Air sync of Outlook with any Smart phone or Tablet, you need ActiveSync enabled Email system, known as Exchange Mail. One option is Google Apps for Businesses although it requires modification to your domain and server settings. A simpler one is triosync active sync mail. It is easy to setup and doesn’t require any modification to your email account or domain settings
Jared GreenJared Green
Here is what I get when I try to save an email using Outlook add for Salesforce:

This page has an error. You might just need to refresh it. Action failed: clients:msMailContainerFlex$controller$navigateToSObject [Unspecified error.] Failing descriptor: {clients:msMailContainerFlex$controller$navigateToSObject

Any ideas???
selvi naiduselvi naidu
Hi Folks
I would like to suggest you all, to get into detail about the issue more deeply. Outlook synching can be a serious issue which cannot be handled without knowing it. 
So, here I am recommending you to cover this information from the given link and resolve the issue manually or by the software as per your need.
Link-- https://www.sysinfotools.com/solve-error/cannot-open-your-default-email-folders.html 

Thanks
Selvi