function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RedCrossNathanRedCrossNathan 

Mail Merge TO Outlook

Hey, all -

We currently send out our e-newsletter using Word merged with an Excel spreadsheet, so we can draw in recipient name, town, e-mail address, etc. and send via our Outlook server.  However, I can't figure out how to sub the e-mail account merge from SalesForce for the Excel spreadsheet.

Of course I can merge data into the template itself , but when the mail merge process actually happens Word pulls the e-mail separately and sends it to Outlook.

I figured out that I can download a report from SalesForce into Excel using desktop integration and keep doing this the way I've been doing it, but it would be a lot easier if I could skip the Excel step and just merge the SalesFoce.com data directly into the mail merge process.

Does anyone know how I can draw SalesForce.com's e-mail field into the merge process itself, and not just into the template document?

mark_pamark_pa

I may not fully understand what you are asking, but if you are just sending emails from templates, why don't you just create a template inside of SalesForce and then send the email template from a list of Campaign members and then send a mass email to the campaign.

You may be running into the email/day limit of SalesForce if you are sending this email to lots of people. In this case, I would recommend using one of the integrated email applications like Vertical Response.

RedCrossNathanRedCrossNathan

It's our newsletter, so we would definitely not be able to use the SF.com system.

THanks,

N