function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
VNVN 

Connect Offline Issue

Hi All,

One of our user is facing an issue while trying to connect offline. The user has tried uninstalling and then re-installig the connect offline version. The error message says "Unknown Exception in SyncRun::Api Request. " The offline version is 2.0.

Can anyone please help me out with this

Thanks in advance

Priya

bcd@nombcd@nom

Hi Priya,

I know this is a very old post but I recently had the same problem using the "Connect for Office" application and decided to post my answer in case somebody else runs into this.

The only help I found online was at the wiki.developerforce.com web site where it just says that this type of error can be generated if:

• There's a firewall on the machine blocking the CTI adapter from running, or
  • There's security software like Cisco Security Agent or Verdasys that is preventing the adapter from contacting the network
  •  

But of course, neither suggestion helped; I disabled Windows Firewall and the AV software on my laptop and there was nothing in the network preventing the connection and still had the same error.

... after lots of research and specially help from SFDC tech support we figured it out.

In my case, the IE "Automatic Configuration" under Tools - Internet Options - Connections - LAN Settings was to blame. The option "Use Automatic Configuration Script" was actually checked and pointing to an old and not even accessible URL.

I never even suspected about any IE configuration since I was able to use my browser without any problem and even was able to login to our corporate SFDC web site

After I disabled it, my "Connect for Office" application started working again!

Hope it help somebody,

Regards,

Beltran

ThacherThacher

Thanks Beltran, this worked for me as well.  My IE configuration was pointing to "about:blank" which seems to have been causing the error. 

PrasadisonlinePrasadisonline

Hi,

This is Prasad.

I am using Windows 7 32-bit OS with IE8.I am trying to connect "Offline Edition" but it is showing the following error.Anyone knows pls help me on this issue.

"We have encountered a proble while starting your offline edition"

Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC

Hi Prasad,

I have seen this issue when users do not have a Briefcase Configuration assigned to them.

Could you please check with the admin(check yourself if you are the admin) to see if you have a Briefcase configuration created and assigned to you.

Foloow the steps in the article to check for config:

http://ap1.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/offline_create_briefcase_config.htm

Once assigned to a config, try launching Offline again and theis time it should start..