function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RivoRivo 

Error's in Outlook when Sync'ing

All I need to know is why a number of my users encounter the following warning / error messages when sync'ing...some user have this for multiple contacts, other on single. ". This record has been modified in both salesforce.com and outlook and cannot be safely imported. It will be skipped". I've raised this issue with SF support, but not surprisingly their only suggestion is to re-install. This is all very well but when you have 50 odd users who don't have sufficient privileges (me neither for that matter), I am very beholden to our IT dept (not a good thing!) Any ideas warmly received.
Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

I think you need not re-install outlook for this- this is a standard warning which is coming due to aconflict which has occured- that is the record has been modified at both the end. What you should ask salesforce support is that - in such a situation what part of the information is retained in both saleforce and outlook or does the salesforce plugin just skips any record for syncing when such a conflict happens.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.