function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tzuvytzuvy 

Apex Data Loader - Error at Login

Hi there,

I'm trying to import data records into my SandBox  and while using Apex Data Loader to upload the records I previously created from the production account I receive the following error message: "error logging in to Salesforce. Please check your username and password".

I'm using the credentials for the Sandbox account with the security tocken provided for my production account. Should I create a security tocken for the Sandbox as well?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Tzuvy

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Dave007Dave007

To answer your question, if you double click to open up the data loader, you get the usual pop options at the start

Upsert, Insert  e.t.c

just cancel that

Then go to settings and settings again

You then have a box for  URL

happy days :-)

All Answers

Amber NeillAmber Neill

Tzuvy,

You are correct, you need a separate security token for each org of Salesforce.  Once you have the token for your sandbox, you shouldn't get that authentication error.

One more thing, make sure you're pointing the DataLoader at test.salsforce.com and not www.salesforce.com.  You can do that in the settings.  Anytime you switch from putting data in a sandbox or in production you have to make a change to this setting.

Good luck!
Amber

tzuvytzuvy

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. How do I setup the Data Loader to point to the test environment instead of the production?

Tzuvy

Amber NeillAmber Neill

Unfortunately I can't give you exact instructions as I'm on a Mac using the LexiLoader.

With that said, I'd be willing to bet there's a settings menu somewhere that will get you to the right spot.

Sorry I couldn't be more help!
Amber

peppupeppu

You got to go to your sandbox reset your securitytoken before you do anything i mean if you  already remeber your sandbox security token the issue is different.

Sandbox and production both have different security tokens.

After this your username is going to yourid@something.com.ur sandbox name

Password is gonna be ur password you use for production environment with the security key of the sandbox(be sure you are giving the sandbox password)

Before these 2 process you have to go to your settings--->settings in apex data loader and change the Server host as https://test.salesforce.com

points to note: make sure the security token is sandbox security token

make sure you change the url

make sure you attach the security token and the sandbox name after the user id

All the best!!! hope this helped you

Dave007Dave007

To answer your question, if you double click to open up the data loader, you get the usual pop options at the start

Upsert, Insert  e.t.c

just cancel that

Then go to settings and settings again

You then have a box for  URL

happy days :-)

This was selected as the best answer
RazorbecRazorbec

this thread just saved my sanity!!

after close to two hours of frustrations all is good with the knowledge that we need a second token for sandbox!!

:smileyvery-happy:

TumuTumu

It worked ..

Thanks Amber Neil