function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sfdc.guysfdc.guy 

apex data loader install on unix

I have been installing apex data loader on unix server/machine. Is it possible and how ?. I installed data loader on windows os and working just fine. I haven't installed on Unix. Let me know the procedure. I appreciate your all help on giving me info, in advance.

Thanks

sfdc.guy

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Satish.jgecSatish.jgec

I was looking for a similar thing and after doing much research and following Vijay Swamidass's links, was able to achieve a bit of it.

First of all, you need to use the encrypt functionality using the Key in Unix. i tried without using it but it never worked.

Steps to follow:

1. Install Java (JDK) in Unix. Create JAVA_HOME in Unix. The append the JAVA_HOME/bin to your PATH variable in Unix.

2. Copy Dataloader.jar to your Unix from Windows.

3. Create a shell script for encrypt.sh and put it in a particular folder.

Try running it and troubleshoot in case of problems. Then finally encrypt using your password using key.txt.

4. Then try running the shell script created by CLIq in unix.

For me step 4 is not yet achieved because CLIq is not running in my unix. When using the text form of CLIq, it is exiting out after I enter the process name. if you proceed beyon point 3 let me know.

Thanks

Satish

All Answers

forcedotcomforcedotcom

I don't believe the data loader is supported on Unix (I'd be very suprised if it was!) but you could try installing it through Wine perhaps? Is there any particular reason why you need it install on Unix?

SrinivasvkumarSrinivasvkumar

Hi,

I want to run dataloader on unix environmet so that i can extract data as part of our regular process and continue with the operation.

Can some one please let me know if I move the DataLoader.jar to unix env i will be able to achieve this.

Any Suggestions and support links related to this is greatly appreciated.

Regards

Srinivas

TheSwamiTheSwami

You can try CLIq with these instructions:

http://code.google.com/p/dataloadercliq/wiki/CLIqOnUnix

Satish.jgecSatish.jgec

I was looking for a similar thing and after doing much research and following Vijay Swamidass's links, was able to achieve a bit of it.

First of all, you need to use the encrypt functionality using the Key in Unix. i tried without using it but it never worked.

Steps to follow:

1. Install Java (JDK) in Unix. Create JAVA_HOME in Unix. The append the JAVA_HOME/bin to your PATH variable in Unix.

2. Copy Dataloader.jar to your Unix from Windows.

3. Create a shell script for encrypt.sh and put it in a particular folder.

Try running it and troubleshoot in case of problems. Then finally encrypt using your password using key.txt.

4. Then try running the shell script created by CLIq in unix.

For me step 4 is not yet achieved because CLIq is not running in my unix. When using the text form of CLIq, it is exiting out after I enter the process name. if you proceed beyon point 3 let me know.

Thanks

Satish

This was selected as the best answer
SW@tH!SW@tH!

Hi , 

I have the exact thing going.

We have a dataloader running on Unix server which is of version 13 , we now want to upgrade it to 26.
I don't want to use Cliq , is there a way to acheive this?

Where can I get Unix compatible dataloader.jar ?

Thanks,

Swathi

vcvenureddyvcvenureddy

is this works completely?

can anyone please help me out..

Thanks 

TroyAdminTroyAdmin

I'm running DL on Solaris10 - jdbc to sqlserver database.

Copy dataload jar file to some directory (/export/home/sfdc)

Copy sqljdbc4.jar (or other database jar file) to /usr/j2se/lib

I created two folders under /export/home/sfdc > /config and /logs

Place process-conf.xml, database-conf.xml and SDL files into config folder.  Edit files accordingly.

Create shell script to execute DL.

Execute shell script.

I realize that this is pretty general.  Editing the xml files is the most tedious part.

TroyAdminTroyAdmin

Should have mentioned that the dataloader jar file is from windows.

Good Luck

om deshmaneom deshmane
Hi @Satish.jgec
for step 3 ' Create a shell script for encrypt.sh and put it in a particular folder.'
can you tell me how you created shell script for encrypt.sh (means have you converted .bat file into .sh file ) or
is there any procedure for step 3

Thanks,
Om