function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
crocodilecrocodile 

Visualforce pages format type at Salesforce.com server side...

Hello please answer my two questions:

1. In what format(type of file) the created Visulaforce pages are stored at the Salesforce.com Server side?
            2. In what format(type of file) the tabs are stored at the Salesforce.com server side?

-Vissu
hisrinuhisrinu
Hi,

VF pages will be stored in ApexPage object
RickyGRickyG
croc -

Both of these are stored as metadata, but I suspect you have a different purpose in mind for the question.
crocodilecrocodile
Hi Ricky, 
Its great!!! you got my intention.
Exactly i had a different purpose to ask that question.

As you are saying that Visualforce pages are stored as Metadata type, I agree with this and no doubt on it.

Suppose i have created 10 visual force pages and each as a tab in a single organization called "RECRUITMENT"
So these 10 tabs are stored as 10 different Metadata types.

Then the question is:
How the RECRUITMENT is stored at server side? is it in .jar format or .war format?

Why am asking this question is i have 10 plain HTML pages and i packaged these pages into a war file named "MyApp".
Now i want to deploy "Myapp" war file onto the Salesforce then is it possible to deploy a war file directly onto the Salesforce as a new tab without using S-Controls?

Thanks,
-Vissu

SuperfellSuperfell
No, no support for WARs.

If they're just plain HTML then, you can create an ApexPage for each one. (but next you're going to say they JSPs, right? you're going round in circles looking for an answer that doesn't exist).
crocodilecrocodile
Thanks Simon.

Finally i stopped brain storming and had a conclusion on external UI onto SFDC. Thanks once again.

Plesae clarify the below questions:
1.Can we export an external database schema onto the SFDC site?
2.Can we access the database schema for an organization i created on the SFDC? If yes, then is it possible to import that database schema into my machine?

Thanks,
-Vissu
RickyGRickyG
croc -

1 - You will want to check with some of the third party solutions to see if there is an application that will perform this translation.  There is no facility built into the Force.com platform to import schemas.
2 - You can export data, or course, or you can use offline edition for Force.com access to data locally.  Once again, salesforce does not offer any direct export of an application, but you can transfer data with Data Loader to a local database that has an ODBC connection.