function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
boihueboihue 

What does the recordtypeselect.jsp for?

Hi,

I always see the following instruction in the codes "/setup/ui/recordtypeselect.jsp". I would like to know what this file does for, where this file is and how to see the content of this file.

Best regards!

Ron HessRon Hess

This file is part of the Salesforce.com application, not a programing interface.  The source is not available and the page is not programable. 

you can replicate this page by studying the HTML that it outputs, but i doubt that you would need to.

What is your use case?

boihueboihue

Hi Ron,

Thanks for your quick response. Yes, I saw in the codes of my application using the recordtypeselect.jsp file. I saw a custom button that called the following instruction:

sURL="/mail/mmchoose.jsp?id={!Opportunity.Id}&1={!Opportunity.Name}&retURL=/{!Opportunity.Id}&p8=01HS00000004Hch&p3={!Contact.Name}&p3_lkid={!Contact.Id}&save=x&save_new_url=/setup/ui/recordtypeselect.jsp?ent=Task&retURL=/{!Opportunity.Id}&save_new_url=/00T/e?tsk10=Publipostage&who_id={!Contact.Id}&what_id={!Opportunity.Id}&followup=1&tsk5=Opportunity%252BPage&retURL=%252F{!Opportunity.Id}";

After executing that instruction, the Salesforce system will direct me back to Task Edit screen and the content of the URL becomes:

cs1.salesforce.com/00T/e?title=Mail+Merge&who_id=003S0000002rtPy&what_id=006S0000002MYLP&followup=1&tsk5=Bon+d%27insertion+Web+-+Fran%C3%A7ais&retURL=%2F006S0000002MYLP

I don't know where the title=Mail+Merge came from and why it has replaced the tsk10=Publipostage from the original instruction?

Best regards!

Message Edited by boihue on 01-28-2009 09:18 AM
Message Edited by boihue on 01-28-2009 09:19 AM
Message Edited by boihue on 01-28-2009 09:22 AM
Message Edited by boihue on 01-28-2009 09:28 AM
Message Edited by boihue on 01-28-2009 09:29 AM
Ron HessRon Hess

it looks like the original url is calling mail merge choose, that must be why the title changes. 

These are features of the app and not really visualforce questions. 

Are you building a Visualforce page?

boihueboihue

Hi Ron,

Yes, we did. But what I need is to include the parameter "tsk10=Publipostage" from the first calling URL to the second returned URL and I don't know why this parameter has been disappeared?

Best regards!

Ron HessRon Hess
In a visualforce page you can use the controller to read and write querystring parameters, please see ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get() and .put()