function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sparkysparky 

redirect to opp edit page after product selection?

We've got a VF wizard that collects some data from the user, and then constructs an Opp+OppContactRole.  That works fine.  What we'd like to happen next is for the user to be dumped into the product selection screen, and then after they choose products, to be brought back to the edit page for the opportunity.

I can get all of that to work except for the last part.  After product selection, they end up back at the View page for the opp.

In the VF code I currently have as the redirect:

Code:
PageReference newOpp = new PageReference('/ui/opportunity/SelectSearch—addTo=' + opportunity.id +'&retURL=/' + opportunity.id + '/e');

This correctly redireects to the product selection routine, but is there anything I can add to the querystring to force it to come back to opp edit afterward.  It's not realistic for me to re-engineer product selection in VF, so hopefully there's an easier way.

Thanks!

RupBRupB

I feel Opportunity SelectSearch breaks retURL.

Consider this :

/ui/opportunity/SelectSearch?addTo=0068000000P9jrFAAR&retURL=/50180000000VmIF

which tries to add opp line items and then return to the parent (50180000000VmIF) of the opp.

In fact, after stopping at the product selection window, it switches to the dreaded opportunity multi-line display, at this URL :

oppitm/multilineitem.jsp

No more retURL !

Indeed, when I complete the opportunity line items ... I come back to the opportunity, NOT to where I told it to go (50180000000VmIF).

Any thoughts ?

Rup 

Kirill_YunussovKirill_Yunussov

Any updates on how to do this?   I need to do this as well - send the user to a custom VF page from  oppitm/multilineitem.jsp