function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AKallAKall 

Lost output link

We created a VF page that provided links to all areas of the app that were most commonly used. Two of the links have recently stopped working(I suspect it has something to do with Winter 09.) The two links that stopped working are the first two, which are for 'Home' and 'Console'. The other links are working fine. Can anybody see what the problem is. I get the 'URL No Longer Exists' error.
Code:
<apex:pageBlockSection title="General" columns="3">
            <apex:outputLink value="/home/home.jsp&retUrl=/apex/SLMQuickLinks">Home</apex:outputLink>
            <apex:outputLink value="/ui/desktop/DesktopPage&retUrl=/apex/SLMQuickLinks">Console</apex:outputLink>
            <apex:outputLabel ></apex:outputLabel>
            <apex:outputLink value="/00U/c—cType=1&retUrl=/apex/SLMQuickLinks">Calendar</apex:outputLink>
            <apex:outputLink value="/007–fcf=00B20000003gAZQ&retUrl=/apex/SLMQuickLinks">Activities</apex:outputLink>
            <apex:outputLink value="/007˜fcf=00B20000003gAZR&retUrl=/apex/SLMQuickLinks">Tasks</apex:outputLink>           
        </apex:pageBlockSection>

jwetzlerjwetzler
Certainly not a Winter '09 issue.  You need to replace & with ? in the first two links.
AKallAKall
Thanks Jill. Your suggestion worked. However, I'm confused as to why I don't need to make the same replacement in the other links. Would you mind explaining?

jwetzlerjwetzler
That's just how query parameters work.  In order to specify a query string you use a '?' in your url, and you specify more than one name=value pair with the '&' character.  So for example:
/apex/myPage?id=000000000000000&retURL=/home/home.jsp (you'd probably want to escape the retURL though)

In your first two links, you should use a ? to specify that you're using your query string.

In the last few links you already have a ? (for some reason when you paste URLs to these forums it often turns the ? into an em dash) so you use & to separate the different query params.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Query_string