function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DavorinDavorin 

Sync problem - Salesforce for Outlook

Hi all,

I have encountered the following error while syncing contacts between Salesforce and Outlook:

"Unable to access Salesforce field MailingState. Check that you have the correct permissions for this field."

Does anyone have an idea why is this happening?

Thanks in advance! 

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

If on Personal, Group, or Professional Edition:

You or your administrator removed Mailing Address from the page layout, thus removing the ability to synchronize with this field. Either have it added back to the page layout, or remove it from the sync mapping in Outlook.

If on Enterprise, Developer, Free, or Unlimited Edition:

You or your administrator removed the Visible attribute or added the Read-Only attribute to the Mailing Address field (the latter wouldl not affect you as an administrator, though). Either have the Field Level Security modified so that you can read and write to these fields, or remove this field from the sync mapping in Outlook.

bramhabramha

Hi,

i am facing a problem when i click on add mapping on the Contact tab from outlook. It throws an error Sync not enabled for this oragnisation.  if i see in login results on salesforce side..it saus login successCan any one tell me where should i enable this in my org?

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

Setup > Desktop Administration > Outlook Configurations