function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GomerGomer 

Data Loader & Wizards Don't work - Custom Object

Can't login with Data Loader to my sandbox even using a reset token with passwd.

Can't use wizard to load records as Admin because the object list is blank. Yes, I checked that the object is no

longer in development and is deployed.

As Admin I have all the access rights.

Why, therefore, can I not login with Data Loader and not use the custom object wizard? Why doesn't the object show up?

Anyone? Anyone?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
GomerGomer

Duh... What a bonehead I am. Didn't even think about that. Hence the nickname, "Gomer". Thanks. 

All Answers

JanitaB2JanitaB2

OK, forgive me if this is way too basic for you. 

In Data Loader, the way to change the "instance" you are logging in to is not very obvious.  Cancel the first window you see. Then click Settings > Settings.

Change the Server host to https://test.salesforce.com  when you want to log in to a Sandbox (any sandbox).  (for production, use https://login.salesforce.com)

Click OK.  Now continue as before. You will probably be able to see your object now.

Good luck!

GomerGomer

Duh... What a bonehead I am. Didn't even think about that. Hence the nickname, "Gomer". Thanks. 

This was selected as the best answer
GomerGomer

Oh yeah, BTW, While this did work with the Data Loader, the Custom Object Wizard still does not show my object in the list for choosing the records I want to load.

I assume this is due to the fact that it is set up as detail record in a master-detail relationship and I need to have the master records loaded first. 

JanitaB2JanitaB2

Hi Gomer,  I don't think Apex Data Loader is smart enough to check for Master-Detail relationships.  ;-)

There's a checkbox to "Show all Salesforce objects".  Try clicking on that.

Or it could be that you are using a tool I'm not familiar with: I'm not sure what you mean by Custom Object Wizard.