function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DeptonDepton 

Data loader issue

Hi guys,

I updated a file with 50 rows and got the "40 succeed"  but "0 errors"

I have then put separately the 10 rows and I got  "0 success" and "0" errors

Did you ever had the same issue, no error, no update.

I have full privileges.

Is there anything in the monitoring set up that might help me to check if there is any trigger or "whatever" not allowing me to do the update!

Is the first time I am having this issue???

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
DeptonDepton

Got it!

I checked the 7 rows that were not being recognised and realised that one of the date fields had text data instead

I still think that this is unusual, I am pretty sure that before when I got this kind of errors, the data loader was giving me some help.

I am running data loader  version 22, but even with that, it is unusual this behaviour........well...

Fixed it so thank you very much!

All Answers

hemantgarghemantgarg

I think it happens if you have some bad characters or formatting error  in your csv file at 41st row, please check the 41st row. 

matermortsmatermorts

It sounds like you have the data loader settings configured so that it's starting the data load at line 11. Check your settings, at the bottom of the settings page, where it says "the last batch finished at [###] Use [###] to continue from your last location."

DeptonDepton

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the help!

I have checked both things and nothing..Start row is 0 and also I have checked the file, copy and paste it in a new one, saved it as txt and then back to CSV's.....Nothing...

When I open the file I got the SYLK: File format is not valid error, but that happened to me for years and never had this issue with random rows!!!

I have investigate further and the rows that fail are the 13,14, 17, 33,34, 43....still looking for the other ones..So don't know what else I can do!!

I have updated one of the records manually without a problem.

Will keep trying!

jhurstjhurst

A good test is to see how many rows Data Loader thinks are in the file.  When you are starting the load and you select your csv file, you should receive a pop-up saying:

Initialization succeeded

Your operation will contain ## records

Where ## is the number of rows in your file.  When you do the load, does this say 50 records?  If it says less than 50, then it sounds like the file is corrupt in some way.

Other than that, the other responses seem like they could be the issue, but if you have tested I am not sure.

If it does say 50 records, can you please create a support case and attach your file to the case?  Then respond to this thread with the case # and I will take a look.

Hope this helps.

Jay

DeptonDepton

Thanks Jay,

But I have to follow internal procedure, maybe tomorrow morning I will create a case.

The file exactly contains 48 rows so data loader said

Your operation will contain 47 records (first one for the columns as always) 

Thanks again guys!

DeptonDepton
DeptonDepton

Got it!

I checked the 7 rows that were not being recognised and realised that one of the date fields had text data instead

I still think that this is unusual, I am pretty sure that before when I got this kind of errors, the data loader was giving me some help.

I am running data loader  version 22, but even with that, it is unusual this behaviour........well...

Fixed it so thank you very much!

This was selected as the best answer
jhurstjhurst

That is very strange.

Feel free to open the cased tomorrow, and we can follow up to see if it is a bug with the Data Loader.

Thanks again

Jay

Sumit KumarSumit Kumar

Object names are out of sync with configuration. Please contact the administrator.

During data loading  I am getting the above error

Please help me in solving that error