function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
advlgxadvlgx 

"Create New" drop down missing items when replaced by Visual Force tab.

I am completely replacing an object tab with a VF tab. When doing this, I seem to lose the ability to create a new record for the object from the Create New drop down. Any ideas on how to get the object listed in the Create New drop down if the standard tab for the object is not displayed?
JimRaeJimRae
Does the tab page use a standard controller or a custom controller?  I am not positive that is it, but it appears that might have an affect, as it does in other areas of the app.
VarunCVarunC
Visualforce Page is using StandardController ... no extensions etc have been used.... but simply Standard tabs have been replaced with VF pages using StandardController for respective object ....
JimRaeJimRae
Very odd, I created this very simple page for an Account Tab replacement, and overrode the standard Accounts Tab with it, and still had the create new account.

Code:
<apex:page standardController="Account" recordSetVar="accounts" tabStyle="account">
<apex:pageBlock >
<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!accounts}" var="a">
<apex:column value="{!a.name}"/>
</apex:pageBlockTable>
</apex:pageBlock>
</apex:page>

See you have a similar result.

VarunCVarunC
Oh gr8 .. and for all the time I was fighting with Custom Tabs i created, I could just haev OVERRIDED Tabs instead of Creating New Tabs :( ..

So in summary, issue resolved :) :

Cause:
I created New Tabs for Custom VF Pages in the organization. And then Deleted Standard tabs in Apps section by editing the App, and added my new custom tabs in the Application.
So that caused Create New section not To display my object.

A Small Discussion I would like to hold:
So in my case, If I did not Override the TABS link for the Object (Buttons & Links Section), and simply I created new Custom Tab for VF page and added it in the app, so I WILL NOT GET Create New Section entry for the tab .. :(

And also, that puts a restriction for Inserting Any Entry which is Not displayed in TAB - BAR (menu bar) of the application.

Say for example I'm having a custom object but I do not want that to be displayed as Tab. But I would still like it to be displayed in Create New Dropdown. How would I be able to do that? Any idea ...

Thanks.