function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RedPointRedPoint 

Limit on commandLink Parameters from VF page to Controller???

Does anyone know if there is a limit on the number of parameters that you can pass to a controller using a commandLink?  I have a commandLink with 15 param names.  When the link is clicked I get random errors because some of my values are null and they should not be. 

I removed the some of the param names in the visualforce page and got the values with a query in the controller but now I'm failing my test because I have over 20 queries.

Anyone had similar issues?  I know it's the number of parameters because I deleted them individually and I never get errors with a total of 9.

Thanks,

George Sowards

Jeremy-KraybillJeremy-Kraybill

George,

I don't think there is an official limit, but I wouldn't be surprised if you are hitting some sort of limitation that hasn't been seen before. I can't recall ever seeing a code example posted from a user here that had more than 2-3 parameters.

I'd suggest filing this as a support case. In the meantime, you may be able to work around this apparent issue. If you'd like help devising a workaround, you should post your page and controller code.

Jeremy Kraybill

Austin, TX