function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Pooja05Pooja05 

contentType = rtf doesnt open a word document in IE

<apex:page standardController="Account" contentType="application/rtf#Pooja.rtf">

Hello!  This page will be rendered as RTF, and will open, in Windows, in MS Word.

</apex:page>

The code does not work in IE. After 60 seconds it shows an alert that IE is unable to find the url and hence operation is aborted.

It works in Mozilla Firefox if we use the save file option. It doesn’t work with the open file option of Mozilla Firefox.

can someone help me?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
SteveAnderson41SteveAnderson41

As I wrote in the other thread you started on this topic, setting the cache attribute on the page to true resolves this issue.

<apex:page standardController="Account" contentType="application/rtf#Pooja.rtf" cache="true">

Hello!  This page will be rendered as RTF, and will open, in Windows, in MS Word.

BTW, creating a new thread on the same topic doesn't actually help you get your question answered more quickly.

All Answers

SteveAnderson41SteveAnderson41

As I wrote in the other thread you started on this topic, setting the cache attribute on the page to true resolves this issue.

<apex:page standardController="Account" contentType="application/rtf#Pooja.rtf" cache="true">

BTW, creating a new thread on the same topic doesn't actually help you get your question answered more quickly.

This was selected as the best answer
Pooja05Pooja05

Thanks a bunch.

It is working now. I went on a completely different route earlier where i changed a lot of settings in IE.

I will keep in mind to avoid multiple posts.

Thanks,

Pooja