function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dhcrusoedhcrusoe 

Best way to render a specific group of questions from a pool?

Hi all,

I'm building a VF application (will be launched through Sites when it's public) to help teachers plan their lessons. The object is called "lessons". There are three, potentially four, different sets of questions they will have to answer, depending on the stage that their class is at. There are between 8 and 12 questions per stage.

But the questions all come from the same pool (of about 20) in the object "Lessons", and many are shared between all stages, e.g., "what materials do you need?". 

Is it possible that I can use the controller to render a specific lesson stage (and thereby, a specific set of questions) for each lessons object record? 

I'm thinking I would use PageBlocks to do this - and perhaps have three (or four) different pageblocks embedded into a single page? Or would I contain each question in an IF statement, and query against that? Would would you recommend?

(Note that I'm developing custom branded pages, not using the internal Page Layouts - but perhaps there's a way to utlize the page layouts to bring up fields on a custom page?). 

Thanks so much!

--Dave

dhcrusoedhcrusoe
ping -- still can't figure this out... anyone?